Visa for disabled.please help!

George,Fester,Lopburi13, somebody.Guys I hope you will reply. I'm a 46year old male,disabled by spinal degeneration,not a communicable disease.I,m an American and have a disability pension from my union about 64,000 bt/mo.Are there any visas specifically for the disabled?I believe I can meet the requirements for a retirement visa except the age.If it's possible to get a visa on these grounds any guidance would greatly appreciated.Also what medical and legal paperword are required? Thank You

Also what medical and legal paperword are required?

I suspect this would be on a case-by-case basis and would require you to contact one of the official Consular Offices in the USA and present your case.  But I don't have any current knowledge.

Thanks lopburi13, I'm still confused about the best route to take.Any suggestions on the way I can stay in Thailand for a few months. Maybe I would have a better chance of getting a resolve if I was already there.Like I stated before, I have the income to qualify for a retirement visa,but I'm only 46.Many Thanks To You.

Can only repeat that I would talk with staff of an official Consular office first.  Believe they still have a visa category that allows for medical reasons but do not believe there are any set in stone rules so each case would be judged on its merits, with climate being of prime concern.  There is a push for Thailand to become a medical care center so that should help you.  Talk with them; there is nothing to lose.  You can always come here and talk some more if things don't work out.

Thanks much lopburi3. Dr_ Pong, Thank you for responding.I'm living in Chicago, but the consulate here is not very farang friendly. It's all Thais there and I spoke to them only briefly  once before, but it was about a tourist visa. This was before I became disabled.Any advise you can give is dearly appreciated. Thank you

• 2 months later...

Thai gouvernment is promoting since last year "long stay" visa

I do not have any details

it seems that this kind of visa is targetting retired japanese customer staying at expensive resorts for a maximum of 6 months  but  try to gather information

maybe the solution ?

CM

Prostarter...write a note to the RTCG Houston Tx telling them you are seeking medical tratment in Thailand. Apply for a Multi Non Immigrant O class visa. That is good for a year and enables stays of up to 90 days on each entry. Houston, unlike Chicago, is farang friendly. You can do it all by mail.