Sopcast Help Req, Never Seen Or Used It Before, Gonna Install It,

funfun

only just ever heard of sopcast, and it would appear i can watch a special game of football on sunday, so i googled sopcast and lots of different sorts i may install, i can look up and read lots but would love it if someone has aready done this made mistakes etc and can tell me the easy options, i will probobly only use it for one game (as we are leaving that league) so it will not have to do films or anything!

i just have a normal pc, and tv wise nowt special either! although a few different ones to chose from etc

any help whatsoever is greatly appreated, please also note any help must be written as though you are talking to someone whos first day on a computor, as i am proper thick!

cheers

chris

1 install sopcast software

2 load up your favourite browser

3 go to google and type in "livefooty.doctor-serv"

4 clcik on the first website it shows

5 click which broadcast you want to watch and wait 2 minutes for it to get going

and thats it.............. simple and easy

Hope it helps

JAF

Hope you have a fast and very reliable connection. The speeds they list should be playable on a 2MB connection but apart from a few Australian tv programs I found most would never download at anywhere near the speed needed to be watchable, there was constant buffering and some shows could never download fast enough to even begin playing. If you can't reliably stream Youtube videos then you're probably going to have problems with Sopcast.

Hope you have a fast and very reliable connection. The speeds they list should be playable on a 2MB connection but apart from a few Australian tv programs I found most would never download at anywhere near the speed needed to be watchable, there was constant buffering and some shows could never download fast enough to even begin playing. If you can't reliably stream Youtube videos then you're probably going to have problems with Sopcast.

A very good point indeed. This is why I use another app.

Setanta Sports, Sky sports, true sports and many more all stream OK here via the IPTV app called TVants. It seems it works for most of the population as well, as you see this discussed in Thai forums everywhere (TVants that is).

setanta.jpg

I just wanted to know who won the cricket yesterday.

Edited by jsat

Setanta Sports, Sky sports, true sports and many more all stream OK here via the IPTV app called TVants. It seems it works for most of the population as well, as you see this discussed in Thai forums everywhere (TVants that is).

setanta.jpg

I just wanted to know who won the cricket yesterday.

right just got in and now am ready to put somthing on computor, is tv ants an alternative to sopcast or does it run along side etc?

chris

right just got in and now am ready to put somthing on computor, is tv ants an alternative to sopcast or does it run along side etc?

chris

An alternative to Sopcast

right then ive done it, how do i find it and switch it on 'jsat', i did say im thick!

i would have thought it would be on desktop but theres only the install bit ive just done?

chris

chris

right then ive done it, how do i find it and switch it on 'jsat', i did say im thick!

i would have thought it would be on desktop but theres only the install bit ive just done?

chris

start button -> All Programs ->TVAnts then click on TVAnts

Then go and learn all about it on their web page (www.tvants.com) and ask all the questions you like in their forum where other TVAnt users can help you with more specific questions. They have a great help resource there.

Use the search option to find the type of stuff you are after i.e. search on sports not sport. Use the more option to load more channels (there are over 900 of them) and in the forum you will see where and what to load in your p2p server options, which will load more channels again.

Good luck and many happy hours of viewing. If you get tired of their user interface, in their forum it tells you how to use your own. I feed it via a satellite set top box to my TV so I can watch it like a normal channel on the TV. I also have hdmi out on my PC so I feed it off to a small 32" LCD TV via VLC so there are no adverts etc.

Edited by jsat

chris

chris

start button -> All Programs ->TVAnts then click on TVAnts

Then go and learn all about it on their web page (www.tvants.com) and ask all the questions you like in their forum where other TVAnt users can help you with more specific questions. They have a great help resource there.

Use the search option to find the type of stuff you are after i.e. search on sports not sport. Use the more option to load more channels (there are over 900 of them) and in the forum you will see where and what to load in your p2p server options, which will load more channels again.

Good luck and many happy hours of viewing. If you get tired of their user interface, in their forum it tells you how to use your own. I feed it via a satellite set top box to my TV so I can watch it like a normal channel on the TV. I also have hdmi out on my PC so I feed it off to a small 32" LCD TV via VLC so there are no adverts etc.

you do relise you lost me a hour or so ago jsat, right gonna follow that and thanks very much for that mate, im not a big tv watcher as such more your bar alcoholic, but my team Leeds utd, are on a big game sunday so its all for that, but with your help im getting closer thanks again

chris

just one more quickie how do you stop the block ups?

at moment im getting tv in china writing but bottom left of screen says its stopped it , might have somthing to do wi firefox?

chris

at moment im getting tv in china writing but bottom left of screen says its stopped it , might have somthing to do wi firefox?

chris

Sorry I do not get the question. You want to what with firefox? Where did firefox come into this? Sorry you totally lost me.

This may help. As I suggested above, go and learn all about it on their web page (www.tvants.com) and ask all the questions you like in their forum where other TVAnt users can help you with more specific questions. They have a great help resource there.

chris

Sorry I do not get the question. You want to what with firefox? Where did firefox come into this? Sorry you totally lost me.

This may help. As I suggested above, go and learn all about it on their web page (www.tvants.com) and ask all the questions you like in their forum where other TVAnt users can help you with more specific questions. They have a great help resource there.

sorry to mess you around, jsat, i thought youd gone off, i just did another post, but basically

tv ants is fine, but when its loading, it comes up blocked bottom left of screen, so im presuming its maybe firefox?

i will go on that and see what they say i was just hoping for a quick " go options turn off blocks" type of answear!

cherrs again

chris

tv ants is fine, but when its loading, it comes up blocked bottom left of screen, so im presuming its maybe firefox?

i will go on that and see what they say i was just hoping for a quick " go options turn off blocks" type of answear!

cherrs again

chris

Which screen where? Sorry you have lost me 100%.

I just did this screen dump with their player rather than like the dump above with vlc. Can tell me what you mean and I will try to help.

seta.jpg

EDIT:

Reading your other post in the forum you started, it might be your windows firewall blocking it, not the TV firefox plugin. You should really read the howto's on the TVAnts web site which explains how to do this.

Unblock your firewall on your PC and it should be working OK.

PS: Also bear in mind as I said above, I use this for the proper roundball game called cricket not soccer.

Edited by jsat

5 click which broadcast you want to watch and wait 2 minutes for it to get going

Hope it helps

JAF

I think you should have stuck with the first reply, which incidentally was mine, as I took into account you lack of nouse with software like this. TVAnts is okay software but its not as good as Sopcast which is just far easier to watch the game you are after.

I am trying to use TVAnts now and its a non starter compared to Sopcast. Do you want to have that problem at game time

JAF

Hope it helps

JAF

I think you should have stuck with the first reply, which incidentally was mine, as I took into account you lack of nouse with software like this. TVAnts is okay software but its not as good as Sopcast which is just far easier to watch the game you are after.

I am trying to use TVAnts now and its a non starter compared to Sopcast. Do you want to have that problem at game time

JAF

i think i should not be allowed near a comp!!

right well this is how good i am, i installed em both, and niether is working, actully i can get a bit of a picture on the sopcast one at mo, although it stopped more than plays, very slow!

still mesing with it, got a computor guy mate comming to look at it but hes never heard of it either so that should be fun too!

Thanks again everyone!

chris