Pattaya Visa Run To Vientiane 15k (6 Months)

Loosescrew

I booked an all inclusive we do everything for you trip from Cambodia Inter on soi Buakow for 15,000. This included taxi, round trip flight, taxi to hotel, visa agent working the embassy, hotel for 2 nights, taxi to airport, and taxi back to Pattaya.

Now I've got 2 tourist visa entries in my passport. I really enjoyed Vientiane and would gladly do this trip again in November. At the very least for the Beer Lao! :o

I stayed at the centrally located Hotel Lao although I would've preferred somewhere more up market but if all you need is a quiet & comfortable sleep, it couldn't be beat.

Any questions?

I highly doubt the Vientiane Thai Consulate would issue you another double entry Tourist visa :o

On what do you base your assumption? Have you some recent news on double-entry tourist visas being refused in Vientiane? If so, please share.

I just returned from making the same trip last week. I really wish I had gone that route years ago. I took the bus (600+baht) out of Pattaya at about 7:30PM, arriving in Nongkhai at 8:00. 80 baht tuk-tuk to the border. Visa fee of $35 + $1 insta-visa. A friend's brother picked me up at the border for the 20-30 minute ride to Vientanne. I hear a shared taxi is about 100 per person. An $18 / night room for 2 nights (arrived on Sunday night), a/c, cable tv, hot water. 2,000 double entry visa, lots of inexpensive French bakery and Laos coffee and walking the city and river's edge.

Shared cab back to the border, 100 baht / person. A shared taxi (40 baht) to the Bus Station, and a bus ticket home fo about 500 baht.

I don't think I spent 9,000 baht including the dollars if converted to baht. I will definitely go again after already taken trips to Savanakhet(2), Penang (2) and Singapore (3).