Farang Motorcycle Touts

:oWho are the Farangs on bikes who keep asking "Do you speak English?" then "Are you married?", who then bugger off politly when my answer to the second question is "No".

It has to be a scam of some sort , any ideas what ? Oh, I've tried saying I'm not interested in a time share but they deny this and then buzz off.

Say yes i have a wife!!!!!!! Do you have a you have a work permit????????

I spoke to one of these pests a few weeks ago,not knowing he was a time-share rep,he told me that they get a 1 year visa and a work permit,even though time-share is illegal in Thailand,someone is getting a nice back-hander.

Interesting. I was stopped by a farang on a motorbike a few months ago. He told me about so party at a place I had recently eaten at that is half resort / half timeshare. I didn't know they ride around looking for clients. I guess they find enough tourists who love the island and are willing to fall for the dream and shell out the money.

Edited by koheesti

I spoke to one of these pests a few weeks ago,not knowing he was a time-share rep,he told me that they get a 1 year visa and a work permit,even though time-share is illegal in Thailand,someone is getting a nice back-hander.

My friend was one of these touts and they do have work permits.......

Not to sure on the Time - Share is illegal part those?

Just say 'I live here!'

I said exactly that, "Suegha lives here!"

He replied, "Yes we think this is the underlying cause of the fantastic growth we have seen in Samui property prices - so now is the best time to buy your time slice of this tropical holiday hot - spot." :o

Just say 'I live here!'

I said exactly that, "Suegha lives here!"

He replied, "Yes we think this is the underlying cause of the fantastic growth we have seen in Samui property prices - so now is the best time to buy your time slice of this tropical holiday hot - spot." :o

Very funny, and by coincidence, my house near ChongMon is actually for sale at the moment, so watch the prices drop! :D

Not sure where you got this info. There are major timeshare players here- all legally.

Marriott Vacation Club

West Sands

Laguna Holiday Club

Absolute

QVC

Tai Pan

Accor (Coming Soon)

And others....

Not sure where you got this info. There are major timeshare players here- all legally.

Marriott Vacation Club

West Sands

Laguna Holiday Club

Absolute

QVC

Tai Pan

Accor (Coming Soon)

And others....

That info all came from a manager of one of your listed companies,i think he would know if it was legal or not!

Marriott Vacation Club

West Sands

Laguna Holiday Club

Absolute

QVC

Tai Pan

Accor (Coming Soon)

And others....

That info all came from a manager of one of your listed companies,i think he would know if it was legal or not!

Right, okay then, I'll warn Marriott and their fleet of lawyers that they are currently in violation of the law and must immediately cease selling timeshare in Thailand immediately.

Marriott Vacation Club

West Sands

Laguna Holiday Club

Absolute

QVC

Tai Pan

Accor (Coming Soon)

And others....

Right, okay then, I'll warn Marriott and their fleet of lawyers that they are currently in violation of the law and must immediately cease selling timeshare in Thailand immediately.

Warn who you like mate,i was just responding to previous posts,if you bothered to read my replies,i only stated what an employee of a time-share company told me,i couldn't give a flying f... if its legal or not!!.....Just dont approach me with your sales pitch,not interested.

:oWho are the Farangs on bikes who keep asking "Do you speak English?" then "Are you married?", who then bugger off politly when my answer to the second question is "No".

It has to be a scam of some sort , any ideas what ? Oh, I've tried saying I'm not interested in a time share but they deny this and then buzz off.

Time shares

kick them off the bike

and fight fight fight :D

then take away their phone

and send the b's home

Oh yeah !!!

Time shares

kick them off the bike

and send the b's home

Oh yeah !!!

hmm, probably not the best Idea..... :D

Time shares

kick them off the bike

and send the b's home

Oh yeah !!!

hmm, probably not the best Idea..... :D

maybe could pagan sacrafice them to the sun god. :D