Dj

meuok

My 19 year old son is going to be spending some 3 or 4 months in Pattaya. In England he works as a professional club DJ. Does anyone have any ideas where he can get any such work, preferably with a small remuneration in Pattaya or Bangkok.

In England he works as a professional club DJ. Does anyone have any ideas where he can get any such work, preferably with a small remuneration in Pattaya or Bangkok.

19? Sounds very experienced!!

Truth is, there is no real place in Pattaya that would appreciate a real UK Club DJ, because unfortunately it seems to be more about loud volume over quality.

If your son knows his stuff on DJ'ing he will burst out laughing when he hears what is played in Pattayan clubs.

If it was Bangkok, then he may be in with a shout.

play as a "guest DJ" :o

Theres a few pro euro DJs that work in bangkok I think, met the resident DJ from the conrad one night @ one of the after hours places, he said he was also resident somewhere in Dubai so he was back and forth most of the time..

So the jobs are there.. but in pattaya, no chance :D

it won't take off in pattaya, wrong market, wrong customers,

the drum club tried it -no good to many drugged up farang idiots,

lucifers tried it when it opened- useless,

The live stuff is the key along with a dj of course,

Nobody wants a serious dance music club, its too sophisticated for the majority of people here.

(I done all my clubbing in the 90's) thats enough now.

Dave- Xcyte does a good job of it. Live music w/breaks of DJ music. However I'd concur Pattaya isn't the place to go if you want to be successful. Much better off going to Ibiza during Club Season.

even so, yer still gonna get laughed at if u just turn up with a record box.. I think you need to make it in the UK first, get signed with an agency etc.. :o

Knew a few promoters in the UK/Ibiza(4 summer) and they wouldnt dream of hiring someone unknown outside an agency, send these guys tapes and they will go straight in the bin if the tape/CD isnt supplemented by numerous flyers etc with your name on..

The way new DJs break thru the bigtime nowdayz is for warming up for the top names, from time to time they will really like what they hear and maybe sign u to their own labels, Sasha and Digweed have done this numerous times and are arguably the most famous DJs in the world

Its as much to do with who you know as how well u can mix :D

Dave- Xcyte does a good job of it. Live music w/breaks of DJ music. However I'd concur Pattaya isn't the place to go if you want to be successful. Much better off going to Ibiza during Club Season.

even so, yer still gonna get laughed at if u just turn up with a record box.. I think you need to make it in the UK first, get signed with an agency etc.. :o

Knew a few promoters in the UK/Ibiza(4 summer) and they wouldnt dream of hiring someone unknown outside an agency, send these guys tapes and they will go straight in the bin if the tape/CD isnt supplemented by numerous flyers etc with your name on..

The way new DJs break thru the bigtime nowdayz is for warming up for the top names, from time to time they will really like what they hear and maybe sign u to their own labels, Sasha and Digweed have done this numerous times and are arguably the most famous DJs in the world

Its as much to do with who you know as how well u can mix :D

MadFranky Have you heard of DJ Baby Anne???

http://www.bassqueen.com/

check this out if you have not heard of her :D

Impressive website from the Mixtress, but don't bother if you only have dial-up!

Yeah you should hear her music if you think the website is something, I'm going to go see her in Orlando, Flroida at the house of blues

Do they have a house of blues in Thailand?? I know they have a Hardrock Cafe.

• 5 months later...