Overseas Phone Card

johninbkk

you may need a credit card to purchase deedial (online)

deedial is dirt cheap to the states about 1.5 baht min

hatari phone net at 7/11

not all 7/11's have them

300 or 500 baht cards

about 4 or 5 baht min to usa

comes with a list of country codes and rates

hatari might be billing by the second

deedial by the minute so be sure to talk for the full minute

I use the CAT card to call my dad in Oz. He is old and pretty deaf and finds the connection with CAT easier to hear. Some of the other VOIP based connections are harder with echo and clipping for him to hear me properly.

CB

I use the CAT card to call my dad in Oz. He is old and pretty deaf and finds the connection with CAT easier to hear. Some of the other VOIP based connections are harder with echo and clipping for him to hear me properly.

CB

Thanks mate, i'll try CAT, are they sold over the counter at all family.7 stores? I tried Dee call, but poor quality, echo, but must say not poor quality all the time. bye

CB

Thanks mate, i'll try CAT, are they sold over the counter at all family.7 stores? I tried Dee call, but poor quality, echo, but must say not poor quality all the time. bye

They are but when I asked at my local 7-11 they had not heard of them so I went to CAT on Pattaya South and bought one there. I used the card and took it to the same 7-11 to get a new one and the same person who had never heard of it suddenly knew all about them. The card is branded "CAT phone net" but it is not clear. Mine has a small white dog on the front but that will vary. I think it better/'easier to go to CAT to get the first one and then renew. I think they are available at Foodland and TOPS as well. You can also take the card back to CAT and top up the money if you wish else buy a new one and transfer the new credit to the old card.

All up I think it is a pretty good deal. I tried various other options but my dad couldn't cope with the clipping and echo.

CB

I have had no problems getting the cards from 7/11.

You need to ask in Thai for them, same as when I by 1, 2 call cards.

Easy as Pie

I do speak Thai and did ask for the same in Thai. Also sent one of the Thai staff there and the sales staff at 7-11 didn't know what they were talking about either. Doesn't matter really because now I have one the 7-11 recognise it but call it something completely different.

such is life

CB

does anyone know the CAT rates to the states?

Sorry don't know for sure but I think it will be about 1.5 - 2baht per minute. If you call CAT on 1322 (24 hour) they will be able to tell you.

can you use CAT on a mobile?

yes

is the connection for free or do you pay for the local call/connection as well?

The connect number 1544 is toll free

thanks

No problem

CB