Family & Visa

Hi Guys!

I´ve been living the last 5 years in Thailand with a non-inmigrant B visa. I have no work permit. I come in September and leave in June every year, what suits me because of my job. Of course I have to go out every three months. No big deal, I fly to KL or SPR.

Now...I´m going to have a kid with my thai gf. I´m not married and I don´t think I will, but I will register the kid in my embassy and will ask for double citizenship for him (or her). Will the fact of having a family here help me to get a one year visa or, as I suspect, won´t change anything?

Cheers

Hi Guys!

I´ve been living the last 5 years in Thailand with a non-inmigrant B visa. I have no work permit. I come in September and leave in June every year, what suits me because of my job. Of course I have to go out every three months. No big deal, I fly to KL or SPR.

Now...I´m going to have a kid with my thai gf. I´m not married and I don´t think I will, but I will register the kid in my embassy and will ask for double citizenship for him (or her). Will the fact of having a family here help me to get a one year visa or, as I suspect, won´t change anything?

Cheers

Correct .

It will help you get a Non Imm O Visa . Thats about it.

Are you over age 50?

If not it would allow issue of non immigrant O visas for visits but not much else.

No, I´m 42 y.o. Does that mean that I will still have to go out every three months?

Hi Guys!

Cheers

No you cannot obtain a one year extension of stay permit, as you MUST be over 50 years old. For other fathers that may be over 50 years old and are reading this post, You will need to have a proof that you’re the father of the child, your name should appear in the birth certificate when the baby is born and you will need to go to court to have them sign on the behalf of your child that you are the father (until he or she reaches 7 years old, the court signing on their behalf would be a requirement) This is for fathers that are no longer married or never did get married. If you are still married, you have lots of less red tape.

In your case the most you can get no matter what your age is a 60 day extension of stay to visit your child. You can at some Embassies get a one year multiple entry visa on the basis of having a Thai child. You then will need to leave every 90 days unless you use the extension of 60 days ( to visit your child)

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com.