How Much Do You Pay For Rent In Bangkok Per Month?

3K 2 bedroom, kitchen, balcony, 2 bath 120sqm close to sukhumvit soi 24.

WOW, 3K for 120sqm! :o

Yep. It took a while to find it. (2 years) but now i rent it for 10 years and pay yearly. Rent increases with 5% each year. I am not there right now (back in the Netherlands for a while) but good to keep available.

A good friend (Thai) of me and my wife rented it before. If you look around sukhumvit you will see many shophouses, a lot of them have unused space. Most of them only use the ground floor and leave the other floors empty. Almost everyone we asked were not interested in renting that space out. But if you not ask you never know. :D

We use it when we are in Bangkok, i prefer the beach but for this price i could not let it pass. Beats staying with the wifes parents or a hotel.

Yep. It took a while to find it. (2 years) but now i rent it for 10 years and pay yearly. Rent increases with 5% each year. I am not there right now (back in the Netherlands for a while) but good to keep available.

A good friend (Thai) of me and my wife rented it before. If you look around sukhumvit you will see many shophouses, a lot of them have unused space. Most of them only use the ground floor and leave the other floors empty. Almost everyone we asked were not interested in renting that space out. But if you not ask you never know. :o

We use it when we are in Bangkok, i prefer the beach but for this price i could not let it pass. Beats staying with the wifes parents or a hotel.

Now I understand why you are in no hurry to buy a condo. Does it have air conditioning or not? Most Thai's I know usually rent apartments for around 5000 baht per month so your rent is even less than the average Thai pays for a studio apartment which is significantly smaller.

It was empty. Only kitchen (Thai style) and bathrooms were ready. Airco's, furniture i bought myself.

Seperate meter for electricity. Water 50% when it is in use. ADSL, telephone i did on my own name.

Edited by Khun Jean

• 3 weeks later...

I live in a 8,500 Baht a month fully detached house on Ekamai. In fact it's a 10-minute walk from BTS Ekamai station. A bargain considering its location. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, a big yard with space for 2 cars, a spacious living room and dining room. The only down point: no aircon downstairs. Oh... and I had to supply the furniture myself.

Seek and you shall find. I never understand people spending more than 10k on a house in BKK. Each to their own I suppose.

Edited by nohave

60K 350 sqm unfurnished house at Thong Lo with nice communal pool. We got a good deal. Our neighbours pay between 80 and 120, but those over 100K have slightly larger houses.

I also have a shophouse on a loooong term lease, same floor area as my home in the on-nut area. Bareshell place that i pay 8K per month for, just as a comparison. I certainly wouldnt want to live in it though!

I have friends paying between 5K for a house down on Soi bearing to over 400K per month. Personally, i wont pay over 80K per month in rent for a house here, no matter how much money i earn. Thats just because im a tightfisted bugger though.

3K 2 bedroom, kitchen, balcony, 2 bath 120sqm close to sukhumvit soi 24.

WOW, 3K for 120sqm! :D

Yep. It took a while to find it. (2 years) but now i rent it for 10 years and pay yearly.

:D I'll bet you do....€ 56/month rent and you pay yearly..... :o

That must be something when you transfer the money ? You think the landlord can handle all that money ? :D

Good find !

LaoPo

:D The landlord i am sure makes enough money to not even bother about the rent. Probably why it is so cheap. The money transfer is very uncerimonial (sp). Just a walk to the atm and punch some numbers. :D

The 10 year was a little bit difficult to secure. Many people think the area they live in will 'boom' soon. even in an already 'boomed' area like sukhumvit.

An estimated inflational correction max 5% every year is included. You never know, a 100% or more inflation seems not impossible in the world. :o

It just shows that if you stick around for a while, make friends etc. These sort of deals can happen.

Being in a hurry is not really the best way to find a good place to live.

I sure had some i paid way to much for, but you only realise that after a while.

I can't compromise on quality when it comes to living environment. I pay 60k a month for 200 sqm in great little low rise on Sukhumvit 11. Worth every penny. I've looked around at other places, and the same quality is 80-100k in worse areas. The landlord has kept rent at the same level since I arrived in 2004.

Anyone willing to hand out advise on finding these places??? You are more than welcome to PM me...lol. I have just about had it with the web sites.... Need to be near Silom, Australian embassy area, please help!!

Hi, I see many apartments for under 3,000 baht per month. I don't mind something small because I'm a student, but I don't want to live in a dangerous area and I need the basic amenities. Can I find a decent apartment in this price range?