Do You Ever Ask Someone....

RueFang

When you are sitting on the skytrain, underground, having a coffee or spontaneously get in conversations with other expats sitting nearby, do you ever want to ask them if they are on Thai Visa?

I've only asked once because I met someone who lived here 8 years, but they had never even heard of it (blasphemy!)... so that means there is indeed life outside of TV! :o:D:D

the majority of people haven't heard of it. TV needs to get a new marketing strategy. They could double their advertisement revenue with some well placed ads or some kind of marketing scheme.

If you did that, you would get all kinds of idiots posting on here......... :o

When you are sitting on the skytrain, underground, having a coffee or spontaneously get in conversations with other expats sitting nearby, do you ever want to ask them if they are on Thai Visa?

I've only asked once because I met someone who lived here 8 years, but they had never even heard of it (blasphemy!)... so that means there is indeed life outside of TV! :o:D:D

I kind of stopped getting into conversations with strangers just because they were farangs. I remember I did it in the beginning of my stay here. Now, they are just any persons I see around me.

Even if I talked to a stranger, I would not ask him. In case he said yes. That would have made me just wonder who it might be. Maybe he was a very nice guy, but turned out to be an a..hole online. lol

Remember some years back, I asked a fellow I played pool with, if he ever was on nanaplaza.com. This was when I was a member there (before I left that site). He just looked at me and laughed. Then he started to talk bad about all members on sites like that.

Lessons learned.

the majority of people haven't heard of it. TV needs to get a new marketing strategy. They could double their advertisement revenue with some well placed ads or some kind of marketing scheme.

If you did that, you would get all kinds of idiots posting on here......... :D

:o

true! no idiots on TV. they'd just spoil the ongoing discussions which are always conducted on the highest possible level :o

Yes, I would say that the majority of ex-pats I know haven't heard of it and think it strange that anybody would want to talk about Thai visas so much. Maybe the site should change its name.

mrt273nva needs to get another avatar sharpish ... what are you trying to portray mate ???

do you have something against indoor lighting fixtures? i would be willing to bet that you own a lamp of your own. why do you have to give me sh!t for displaying one on my avatar?

mrt273nva needs to get another avatar sharpish ... what are you trying to portray mate ???

look again, it is a lamp :o

Thankyou so much SBK, that has been vexing me for weeks!

let me join you guys for that one.

lol

Never noticed the lamp before.

lol

as the old corny come back goes,

"hey watch it, I resemble that" :o:D