Renewing Uk Passport

Usually about 5 working days.But given the option,I would not go anywhere near The British Embassy in Bangkok. Being a Brit myself,I am ashamed of the attitude the Civil Servants,that work there,show too fellow Brits. :o God help anybody if you were in real trouble.

Given the option,go too Malaysia,or Hong Kong for service.

I just done this, and got it back yesterday. They claim it will take 10 working days, but it actually took 14.

I live in Pattaya and didn't want the hassle of travelling to BKK twice to deliver it and pick it up, so I downloaded the forms and TNT'd it to them. Then for an extra 100 baht the sent it back by EMS.

Loads of people said 'don't trust the post' etc, etc, but after talking with the embassy they said they have never had a problem.

My timescales where: sent 12th May - rec'd 13th. Phoned them last week and they said it would be ready Monday. Received it back Tuesday 3rd June.

You should have plenty of time whether you post it or do it in person, but don't delay too long.

Also see this thread I started for some more useful info: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...=192318&hl=

Edited by sweetchariot

I renewed mine last August at BKK embassy and conversely to the first poster oddly enough i had bloody good service and a very helpful chap to deal with, a well spoken older guy. I got mine back in the 5 working days they said plus 2 days i had to wait for EMS to get to me.

I renewed mine last August at BKK embassy and conversely to the first poster oddly enough i had bloody good service and a very helpful chap to deal with, a well spoken older guy. I got mine back in the 5 working days they said plus 2 days i had to wait for EMS to get to me.

Same here, twice I renewed my passport at the British embassy Bangkok and both times first rate service and cheerful staff (even managed to make the woman laugh once when I tried to leave without paying and cracked a joke when she called me back).

Both times ten working days.

Why would anyone go to HK or KL for a renewal? Then you have to add travelling time to the usual ten working days, plus the travelling costs, plus the accommodation costs, plus, plus. Besides which you are then travelling on a pp with less than 6 months validity (I am assuming this but may not be true of the OP).

Mine was 10 working days {for the so called jumbo} with chip November last. No complaints about service either, polite and helpful. By the by these days the passports are flagged as FCO without the specific identifier, whereas before they used to identify the Embassy/High Commission, so some preferred to have the passport issued in HK/Sing/KL rather than BKK, since BKK was perceived as a problematic location by some immigration officers.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

..........But, given the option, I would not go anywhere near the British Embassy in Bangkok. Being a Brit myself, I am ashamed of the attitude that the civil servants, who work there, show to fellow Brits. :o God help anybody if he/she were in real trouble.......

That is such an undeserved comment. In my many years of visiting the British Embassy in Bangkok, I can vouch that I have had nothing except prompt, polite and efficient service. I have renewed passports, obtained letters of introduction, obtained confirmations of my pension, obtained visas for my Thai wife and obtained UK-style birth certificate for my daughter. All of these were done with the most respectful service that I could have wished for and, when it came to the death of a close friend, the embassy staff could not have been more helpful or sympathetic.

In my experience, attitude begets attitude.

My advice? It's obvious, isn't it? Go to your embassy in Bangkok.

useful info...I need to do this real soon(like next week)..can anyone tell me what I have to do and need..and how much.?.I have my old non imm "O" visa in my old passport...what happens to that when I have to leave Thai on my new passport.?or do I leave on the old passport.?

My apologies for the hijack and thanks in advance :-)

Froggs

..........But, given the option, I would not go anywhere near the British Embassy in Bangkok. Being a Brit myself, I am ashamed of the attitude that the civil servants, who work there, show to fellow Brits. :o God help anybody if he/she were in real trouble.......

That is such an undeserved comment. In my many years of visiting the British Embassy in Bangkok, I can vouch that I have had nothing except prompt, polite and efficient service. I have renewed passports, obtained letters of introduction, obtained confirmations of my pension, obtained visas for my Thai wife and obtained UK-style birth certificate for my daughter. All of these were done with the most respectful service that I could have wished for and, when it came to the death of a close friend, the embassy staff could not have been more helpful or sympathetic.

In my experience, attitude begets attitude.

My advice? It's obvious, isn't it? Go to your embassy in Bangkok.

I strongly support Taijitu's comments.

For the past ten years here I have ALWAYS been very impressed with the Helpful sympathetic

attitude of all staff I have dealt with at the British Embassy in Bangkok - both in person and over the phone.

I just cannot imagine anybody saying what GOONERTHEGOONER has said.

Bill

useful info...I need to do this real soon(like next week)..can anyone tell me what I have to do and need..and how much.?.I have my old non imm "O" visa in my old passport...what happens to that when I have to leave Thai on my new passport.?or do I leave on the old passport.?

My apologies for the hijack and thanks in advance :-)

Froggs

Froggs

Please read this topic>

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=192318

Bill

Just go to the embassy website, all info is there. My wife renewed her visa, EMS to BKK and back, all done in ten days, rang them to confirm arrival, they confirmed straight away and told us when it would arrive back.Smooth as a bar girls bum.

No problem at all.