Etihad/gulf Air

RoastLamb

I've used orbitz and the cheapest flight from Bangkok to London they are coming up with is with Gulf Air at around 320GBP.

And Etihad are offering it for 21000baht.

Anybody have any experience with these airlines?

Or any current recommendations for other websites or travel agents? I'm flexible with dates and can fly into anywhere in the UK, but i am assuming it's cheaper to fly to London.

Ethihad are absolutely fine to fly with but I always do it in two hops, Bangkok to Abu Dhabi and then onto Manchester

If you did choose this route Abu Dhabi airport is possibly the most unorganised ever, you need to be on the ball because the staff aren't, don't rely on them to call you for your flight in plenty of time.

The prices you have been quoted are probably the best you will get I paid £310 one way from UK in Feb

Sri Lanka are the current cheapest, I think. I paid 245 for a one wayer, although you overnight in Colombo.

when? can you give any more info? I tried to look in Srilankan airlines and the cheapest I find was 550 GBP.. :S

I'm looking for a cheap ticket from London here, in september...Does it include the taxes??

Edited by pop_corn

I just booked one way from BKK to London, with Sri Lankan, for 15600baht, including all taxes. Includes a 4 hour stopover in Colombo. This is for a Friday, on other days there is a whole night stopover, with hotel accom included. If anyone can beat that I'll give you a packet of rocklets.

• 2 months later...
Probably too late but Gulf Air are rubbish, terrible level of service, planes are rubbish (no entertainment), expect plenty of delays too, they dont seem bothered by this either. Eitihad blows them away tbh or even the likes of Qatar Air

Just flew back with Gulf (BKK to LHR) two days ago. I had read the bad reviews but actually had no problems. The connection both ways was less than 2 hours and all flights left on time. The A340s from Bahrain to BKK are a little tatty but not as bad as some accounts say - I have seen worse on KLM. All the flights have entertainment, but while the A330s have individual monitors, the A340s only have the old-style shared TVs.

Edited by citizen33