Honda Racing Fest' 2008

Tywais

I wondered what that big sign, strung across King Kong's Klong like a wrong dong, meant. Apparently it is a Honda motorcar Racing Fest. Or as some Thais say, rak-sing.

They sure aren't shy about using the banners. Most be one every 10 meters on the canal road. :o

I am trying to find a place to buy tickets for the race. Does anyone know where to buy and how much they are.

I looked closely at the website and asked some friends here and it all points to being free. I believe there are activities inside, such as for the kids and food/drink, that of course will have to pay, but no mention of an entry fee.

My Bar is right next to the course and the promoter droped of some info today.

Real race cars coming on car carriers all day long. Looks like this will be a big event.

They also will have concerts all day and go kart rentals.

Looks like it will be a no miss event for motorheads and race fans...

Race Schedule

Race course Map

How to get there Map

My Bar is right next to the course and the promoter droped of some info today.

Real race cars coming on car carriers all day long. Looks like this will be a big event.

They also will have concerts all day and go kart rentals.

Looks like it will be a no miss event for motorheads and race fans...

Race Schedule

Race course Map

How to get there Map

thanks for the info. Am keen to go have a look and would like to watch the time qualifications. I was there today and the promoters? had said it was only for Sunday. DO you think they would allow people to come watch on Saturday??

The track was open for spectating today. Cars were just practicing, but at race speeds. Saturday has racing all day (qualifing) for Sundays race.

There are several classes. good action today at practice.

Also Ive have just heard that LOSO will be in concert on sat or Sunday night. I will look into this rumor further.

post-17260-1213960103_thumb.jpg

Edited by highonthai

Any details on the LOSO concert, like what time it starts and confirmation of the day?

Also wondering if the main gate off Canal Road will be open. We entered yesterday from Sameung Road and watched for a while near the Night Safari entry area. A policeman told me if I took my CBR through a grassy area I could get all the way in. We did and got to see the whole course from the inside. It did not look like you could enter the course from the main gate off the Canal Road.... Is that right?

Pretty exciting stuff. We saw a Jazz burst a brake line hard-braking into a corner. Was squirrely and exciting but he made the turn. Course was closed while they cleaned the spill.

It did not look like you could enter the course from the main gate off the Canal Road.... Is that right?

That's correct. If you drive north on canal and past the 4 way intersection to Ratchapeuk about 1km just before the new 3 way intersection and directly across from the market, there is a small soi with a sign that is the entrance. Believe that is the entrance to a Wat.

post-566-1214019524_thumb.jpg

:D Hello highonthai, Good to meetcha too. You have a great place and the location cannot be beat ! Right on the race course. I got some great pics as the cars race by 5 feet away :o very exciting and these drivers are pros. If anyone has a " need for speed" don't miss this one!! The races start at 11:am Sunday. Easy to get to, Hang Dong Road to 2nd ring road

turn right and go straight to the race park. About 15-20 minutes from downtown CM. I hope this can be an annual event for us. " The Pit Stop" is about a 5 - 10 minute walk from parking, look for it on the left. Nice folks and ice cold ones, see you there tomorrow :D Sawadee Kup

It was a much more elaborate do than I had expected and I hope that the weather is kind to the organisers tomorrow. Highonthai's bar is between the exit to Canal Road and the turning circle (roundabout to us Europeans) where the road heads off for the Night Safari and it's a good place to stop at if you want to catch some of the action down at where the cars do a U turn before blasting back up to the Elephants on the circle. Go karts look to be a deal at 100 bht for ten minutes and they have dual seaters with a kid's steering wheel too. Sadly they won't let you out on the main track.

Here are some of today's pictures to add to the collection....

317090683_imTeq-L.jpg

This guy ended up cutting it a bit too fine on another part of the circuit and became the only casualty of the day (as far as I know, anyway)

317080010_pDxqs-L.jpg

317080601_rVZxx-L.jpg

317094898_9FEeU-L.jpg

Today was fun although the safety car came out in almost every race. It was good to see Ratchapreuk being used for something at last and I hope that they repeat this again next year.

317631342_2o2oD-L.jpg

View of the start from the top of Ratchapreuk Hill

317630600_QNLsg-L.jpg

Just one of the events that brought the safety car out...

317629541_8Fsov-L.jpg

Honda was showing some smart looking models (and cars)

317629951_3mCr6-L.jpg

The placement of the spectator stands was a bit suspect given that there are no safety barriers behind the advertising signs

More pictures here

Totally agree with you there, this is an ideal way to bring this facility to life. I was thrilled with the 2 days which I spent visiting various places in & around the circuit, witnessing the fun and excitement of peoples faces.

Thanks for the excellent photo's "bigmouse" & "greenside", that canon EOS 1D mark3 certainly takes a good snap.

The excitement of the speed at close quarters comes through from them and the thrill of the noise and risk too. Lets hope none of the drivers got seriously hurt and maybe more by luck than precaution, no spectators either!

Good to meet you "highonthai" indeed the soda water was cold and the position, let alone the name of your shop/bar ideal for this event. I meant what I said about your website, get in touch if you need some help.

Ally