Nightlife

damian5000

We just had a couple of topics on this, one of which was not only closed by the moderators but totally deleted.

A disappointed punter said you'd have to be gay to enjoy Chiang Rai's night life but I suspect he may have suffered a bad experience.

There are a number of bars around Jed Yod Road and near the bus station.

We just had a couple of topics on this, one of which was not only closed by the moderators but totally deleted.

A disappointed punter said you'd have to be gay to enjoy Chiang Rai's night life but I suspect he may have suffered a bad experience.

There are a number of bars around Jed Yod Road and near the bus station.

Or possibly he'd spent far too much time sauced up in Pattaya...I could see the North being a bit disappointing for him if comparing it to there.

Near Jed Yod Road...Great...I'll be there tomorrow night!

Both Wiang inn and Dusit used to have discos. Have they both closed them?

There are some other places down on the Inn Come Hotel road. I recall hearing that the Sperm Pub was pretty lively. What happened to the old Lobo Go Go Bar and Patpong?

I posted this same reply on a similar thread, so please forgive me if you've already read it!!

If you want a more lively scene with live music in Chiang Rai, head south about 2 km on Ratanaket Rd and look for a billboard advertising the discos on your left. With clubs named MTV, Sperm, The Womb, Hot Beat and Par Club. The Par Club is the biggest and the entrance is shaped like a UFO, I'd suggest to go there about midnight. Don't expect to see too many other Farang there, these places are full of young Thai's, but a friendly enough bunch none the less.

The Mom Khon Muang Pub gets my vote for a goodnight out in CEI everytime.

Start with a rooftop meal at the Nimseeseng, then a few drinks at the SoHub Pub, to hit the MKM around 10.00 PM.

We all know that Jed Yod is basically a pretty boring place nowadays. I haven't been here that long, about 6 years, but it was more fun back then. There is still the same amount of bars but the pulse is long gone. I remember sitting in the Easy House most of the first couple of years and schools of American/English expats would hang in Coconut's for long sessions.

For the people that want to stay out late and don't mind Thais outside the category of "I serve you a beer almighty white master" should find it very pleasant on the street that Catman mentioned. There are clubs and pubs and discos. Personally I don't like clubs because as soon as I walk in I go deaf. Doesn't really help the communication.

For village pubs and restaurants there are plenty. Can't really think of any that people shouldn't know about, this topic is quite frequent.

But I have a thought that, as anywhere else, farangs do socialize in Chiang Rai but it happens in specific groups and tend to overtake the overall aspect of things. Rarely have you any happenings up here except for the monthly Hash that include newcomers and people not seen on this forum.

Either you go the way of making friends with Thai people, or you stay in the group of farangs or you do neither and then start complaining.

And not least, the average age of farang residents in Chiang Rai is what? Is there really a need to cater fantastic agogos in every street corner? I mean, you still have the whole old airport road full of them.