Sorry, I Did A Search But No Answer.

AlexLah

Hi all,

A friend of me married a Thai lady.

They registered the marriage in SG where he lived at that time.

They did not register the marriage in Thailand.

He bought a house and car in her name (In Thailand).

Now he wants to divorce her for a valid reason (No she was not married before).

My questions are:

1. According to Thai law, is she legaly married if not registered in Thailand?

2. As the house and car are in her name, can she claim 50%-100% even if he can proof the money came from him?

The reason I ask it here is because my friend is so devestated about all that happened.

He just not believe people could be this bad as this guy is really a good person but have never experienced the ugly side of life untill recently.

He is just 32 and good looking and even looks a bit Asian, yes he has mixed parents (Euro Asian).

His dream of having a family, was just blown away in seconds after he found out some thing's about her a year after they married.

For the outside world he tries to look strong , but inside, he is totally messed up.

Some other really bad things happened to him after he kicked her out of the house but I will not reveal that here as it might reveal who he is.

So if any of you can give some advice it will be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Alex

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

They registered the marriage in SG where he lived at that time.

They did not register the marriage in Thailand.

1. According to Thai law, is she legaly married if not registered in Thailand?

If it is a legally registered marriage it is recognised in Thai Law, you can't register it officially in two separate countries because technically you are committing bigamy.

2. As the house and car are in her name, can she claim 50%-100% even if he can proof the money came from him?

I would suggest that anything purchased or gained after marriage is subject to a 50/50 split, anything beforehand, if substantiated can be allocated to the owner, however both could be a minefield.

He needs professional help I am afraid.

Good Luck

Moss

C'mon already! You can't bait people like this! We need the details! Spill the beans, we're hungry!! Jeez....

haha now i know why you are here, you must have been the villiage idiot when you were at home, ive just seen your responses on this forum, but never mind every village has one its nothing to be ashamed of :o