So Where's Euro 2008 Footy With English Commentary

Jefferson

I've tried to get the BBC radio live feed from the internet, but it's a couple minutes behind.. I suppose with a harddisk recorder I could delay the Thai TV by the same, but it's hel_l to achieve.

So anyone know where in town this is on, in English?

I've tried to get the BBC radio live feed from the internet, but it's a couple minutes behind.. I suppose with a harddisk recorder I could delay the Thai TV by the same, but it's hel_l to achieve.

At Magic Club, Thapae Gate, just in Sunday Market Plaza, beside Roof Top, every evening live broadcast of Euro 2008 with english commentary, nice place, air con, huge selection of beers, cocktails and spirits. Friendly atmosphere.

Suggest you install WETV. It's cheap only 200 baht a month. English soundtrack for Euro 2008 and also the World Cup. If you like F1 it shows all the races live and uninterupted unlike Star Sports. Plenty of cricket and rugby too plus the Olympics.

I have <deleted> visions (UBC) but keep WETV for additional back up.

Cheers :o

Any palce that has WETV. The Red Lion has it but only till Saturday - after which all games are at 1.45am. Try Khru Chiang Mai after that.

Thanks all!

Can now report back on all comments:

Places I can confirm are open:

* Cosy Corner/John's Place

* Spicy :o (Remarkably livable these days without smoke)

* 'The Wall', a bar opposite the Irish Pub.. Though this may have been a special for the Holland game; can be no confusion on where the owner is from..

* The place recommended above, near the THC Rooftop Bar; ( no atmosphere though. :D )

Places that are NOT open (for the late games)

* Irish Pub..

nice listing, but: how can those places stay open until the wee hours ?

they lock the front door and declare it a "private party" ? which lasts until 29th of June ? :o

Magic Club at Thapae Plaza is open also for late games, till wee hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Any palce that has WETV. The Red Lion has it but only till Saturday - after which all games are at 1.45am. Try Khru Chiang Mai after that.

what is WETV by the way ? a CM-cable-TV -provider ?

sorry I am not a resident here.... just an occasional visitor, escaping from wild monster KRUNGTHEP....