Motorcycle Rain Suit-where To Buy

KBTexas

Ok, as with many Thai's, my Thai teacher wife drives her motorcycle every day, rain or shine. Unfortunately, she thinks a poncho is appropriate wet weather attire, and gets soaked to the bone when it rains. I have asked her many times to go find a rainsuit. Whether she does not understand the meaning of rainsuit, doesn't know where to look, or thinks her Farang husband is crazy, I don't know. :D (probably a bit of all three) She catches a lot of colds because of this, and to me, it is silly to ride around in the rain without at least a decent rainsuit.

I looked online for somewhere in Thailand I could buy the rainsuit and have it delivered to her in Udon Thani, but Thailand seems to be quite far behind in e-commerce. I could not find anything except cheap plastic suits, and most of those stores would not allow online ordering. :o

So, does anyone here know where you can get all-weather motorcycle gear in Udon Thani? Or a place that does e-commerce that I can order from and have it delivered to her? I am speaking of American/English type of all-weather gear. Heavy, waterproof Nylon and/or leather, zip pants legs, high closeable collar and the like. If anyone can point me to specific stores or sites, I would appreciate it very much.

Many Thanks,

Ken B - Dallas, TX

Edited by KBTexas

Ken, howdy from a fellow Texan :o I take it your wife is a teacher in Thailand. You are asking for what retails for $129 or $350 in Texas. But my Thai 'husband' tells me that if your wife will go to Tesco-Lotus, Big C, Carrefour, etc., and ask for heavy duty full-length rain suits, they sell for maybe 200 baht, no more than 500 baht. Different colors, sizes for Thai women, etc., one piece or two-piece. If you want to pay 10,000 baht, the local real BMW dealer probably has it, also. I saw a lady wearing a hooded, heavy-duty plastic raincoat yesterday, but the women's dresses probably prevent them from looking stylish in pants.

Ken, howdy from a fellow Texan :D I take it your wife is a teacher in Thailand. You are asking for what retails for $129 or $350 in Texas. But my Thai 'husband' tells me that if your wife will go to Tesco-Lotus, Big C, Carrefour, etc., and ask for heavy duty full-length rain suits, they sell for maybe 200 baht, no more than 500 baht. Different colors, sizes for Thai women, etc., one piece or two-piece. If you want to pay 10,000 baht, the local real BMW dealer probably has it, also. I saw a lady wearing a hooded, heavy-duty plastic raincoat yesterday, but the women's dresses probably prevent them from looking stylish in pants.

Hi Blondie,

Yes, she is a teacher in Udon Thani. Maybe the issue IS one of fashion. :o But I will pass this along to her and see if she can find something she will wear.

Thanks for the info...I appreciate it.

Ken B

Edited by KBTexas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good advice above. I recommend a cheap plastic suit for casual riding. Nylon suits I've tried, much more expensive, finally leaked and were about just as hot to wear in Thailand. The cheap plastic ones are a bit easier to wash and keep clean and from stinking too. Finally, when you burn a cheap one on an exhaust pipe, your wallet doesn't hurt as much.