Phone Question

Daveak

I started getting some sort of answering service recently when I phone my gf. It says "welcome to callback, for service in english press 2" and then I get cut off every time. I use phone cards to dial her since I am currently overseas.

This is a making me slightly paranoid that she is cheating on me and diverting my phonecalls through some answering service so she can phone me back when she is not indisposed.

Fear not - this is very common in Thailand. It is not any form of extra service that people pay for. When phones are already in use, turned off or sometime if the network is busy your incoming call maybe diverted to "Call-back services". As the voice menu you encountered says - it offers both Thai and English langauge support. Generally the first option press '2' to get English. Then press "1" and the telephone number you are calling from is passed on to the mobile handset you are calling - if you press "2" you can type in an alternate telephone number.

As you are calling from overseas the system it is unlikely that the system will correctly register your home/mobile telephone number. In such situations generally a Bangkok ( 02 xxxx.. ) number is registered.

On the recieving side of this system - you get a SMS message when you turn your mobile back on - or return in range etc. stating: " Date & Time This number called you. Sender: <gives the number that called you>"

As for checking is she is faithfull - this is not the best tool.

I started getting some sort of answering service recently when I phone my gf. It says "welcome to callback, for service in english press 2" and then I get cut off every time. I use phone cards to dial her since I am currently overseas.

This is a making me slightly paranoid that she is cheating on me and diverting my phonecalls through some answering service so she can phone me back when she is not indisposed.

fear not - now you can lay rest to your suspicions once and for all... :D

you can find out exactly where she is at any given time by using this site... :o

• 4 weeks later...

don't worry in a few days she is free again.

She's got her phone switched off. No bonus points for guessing the reason why. She is using a different SIM for a different customer.

I once met a girl who had 5 cellphones in her bag....got to admire the dedication to "the game" :o

She's got her phone switched off. No bonus points for guessing the reason why. She is using a different SIM for a different customer.

surely not.. do some gals really do that..? i don't believe it.. no way... ridiculous suggestion..!

Statistically there is only a 72% chance she's cheating. This is 2008 and the phones here are very sophisticated but sometimes too many people are trying to call from outside the country and the systems become overloaded. If you try for a few minutes and there has not been a Tusnami the phone should connect if it is not turned off. You can figure out for yourself why many of the girls here have up to four mobile phones.