Important Topics

NanLaew

I was looking at the 'Important Topics' pins of the Pattaya forum and note that there's nothing regarding transportation to the place from the airports or BKK. There's a lot of people coming here for the first time and maybe it would be a good idea if a 'getting there' thread was listed with updated bus information and possibly some of the private limo services that TV members have tried and can recommend. In case that falls foul of some TV advertising restriction, maybe those transport operators could be approached about sponsoring or advertising on TV? Seems a bit ass-backward to have posts on accommodations, eating places and bars and not have a decent link to accurate ground transportation info.

If there's been well over eleven thousand hits on the Hotels in Pattaya link since it was pinned, I am pretty sure a Transportation link will be equally popular.

There have been dozens of individual threads about different transport links between the airport and Bangkok and Pattaya but there is not one definitive thread where all can be listed and discussed. But that is the same for all the local forums, like there is not a "how to get from the airport to Hua Hin" thread. It seems the idea is that if you have a question on the subject you ask said question in a new thread. Trouble with transport links in Thailand is they change so quickly it would be difficult to ensure the info is up to date..

There have been dozens of individual threads about different transport links between the airport and Bangkok and Pattaya but there is not one definitive thread where all can be listed and discussed. But that is the same for all the local forums, like there is not a "how to get from the airport to Hua Hin" thread. It seems the idea is that if you have a question on the subject you ask said question in a new thread. Trouble with transport links in Thailand is they change so quickly it would be difficult to ensure the info is up to date..

True, keeping it current would be an issue. But the forum search engine isn't the best at digging up the latest post on, for example, the Bell airport bus service. Regarding the pinned Hotels post, it was created in 2004 but does anyone actively update it? Same for the 'Building a House in Pattaya' one. I thought it would have some stories and advice from home builders in the area but it's just a plug for a consultancy so I fail to see it's 'Importance'. Just a thought anyway.