Hairdressing Apprenticeship ?

Does anyone know where one can learn hairdressing in BKK and the costs involved ?

I've been told private salons are willing to impart skills at about 50,000 baht but without any certificate. Is the price reasonable ?

I don't think the person will learn the right skills working in a private salon to be honest, they will always be the 'maid' just washing hair etc.

Get the person to go a proper school, like khunjoeschool.com their charges are far less than 50,000 and they get a certificate/diploma.

Also, if the person lives within traveling distance to the temple in Sukhumvit 101 then tell her to go there, they have a school which is well known run by some kind of trust. The cost is virtually zero, the payback is you are expected to cut the hair of the poor for free from time to time.

Does anyone know where one can learn hairdressing in BKK and the costs involved ?

I've been told private salons are willing to impart skills at about 50,000 baht but without any certificate. Is the price reasonable ?

I don't think the person will learn the right skills working in a private salon to be honest, they will always be the 'maid' just washing hair etc.

Get the person to go a proper school, like khunjoeschool.com their charges are far less than 50,000 and they get a certificate/diploma.

Also, if the person lives within traveling distance to the temple in Sukhumvit 101 then tell her to go there, they have a school which is well known run by some kind of trust. The cost is virtually zero, the payback is you are expected to cut the hair of the poor for free from time to time.

Thank you for the advice. Will need to get someone who reads Thai to explain www.khunjoeschool.com to me as they don't have an English version.

Not sure if Sukhumvit 101 teaches salon skills like re-bonding etc.

There is also another school Across from Pan Tip Plaza, I believe it is in either Phetburi Rd soi 11 or 13. The name of the school is 'Grace Siam'.

I am not sure about all of the costs but I am fairly certain that for a basic Hair Dressing course it would be less than 50,000.

I talked with my wife and she said that thhey offer many different class for differnt levels of students and also teach Make up as well. They will also issue a certificate/diploma after finishing the course.

There is also another school Across from Pan Tip Plaza, I believe it is in either Phetburi Rd soi 11 or 13. The name of the school is 'Grace Siam'.

I am not sure about all of the costs but I am fairly certain that for a basic Hair Dressing course it would be less than 50,000.

I talked with my wife and she said that thhey offer many different class for differnt levels of students and also teach Make up as well. They will also issue a certificate/diploma after finishing the course.

Thank you for the information. Will look up Grace Siam.

My G/F train as a hairdresser in BKK, i will ask her, but i note from your posts you are not Thai, so this i am not sure about....

I'm not Thai, but I do intend to sponsor a fellow Thai (not my g/f) for the course, partly out of goodwill, partly for investment.

snip

I have no idea, will try to find out plus get a contact number in the next day or 2.

Wow...that will be great !

OK the temple is called 'Dhammamongkol Temple' its in Sukhumvit 101, I could not get the details but it could be worth getting your friend to give them a visit.

Good luck.

snip

I have no idea, will try to find out plus get a contact number in the next day or 2.

Wow...that will be great !

OK the temple is called 'Dhammamongkol Temple' its in Sukhumvit 101, I could not get the details but it could be worth getting your friend to give them a visit.

Good luck.

Thanks HarryHacker...

I have checked with both Khun Joe and Grace Siam.

Khun Joe offers 6-month course at 15,000 baht. I haven't spoken to them in person, but over the phone. The Ajarn told me it's all inclusive, but I'm not too convinced.

As for Grace Siam, it's 21,000 baht over 4 months. Another 4,000 baht for another one month of make up costs. However, hidden costs include equipment 6,800 baht, mannequin 1,200 baht, 120 baht per person per day for 2 months to hire a live model to practise cutting. It adds up to 35,000 without make up course; 42,000 with make up course.

What do you guys think ?

I have checked with both Khun Joe and Grace Siam.

Khun Joe offers 6-month course at 15,000 baht. I haven't spoken to them in person, but over the phone. The Ajarn told me it's all inclusive, but I'm not too convinced.

As for Grace Siam, it's 21,000 baht over 4 months. Another 4,000 baht for another one month of make up costs. However, hidden costs include equipment 6,800 baht, mannequin 1,200 baht, 120 baht per person per day for 2 months to hire a live model to practise cutting. It adds up to 35,000 without make up course; 42,000 with make up course.

What do you guys think ?

Get the girl to take some time out and go visit the places. Then you/her can decide what is the best.