Looking For Kayak

Feelfree kayaks

this is their fishing one

http://www.feelfreekayak.com/inter/kayak_moken.htm

That kayak looks really good, just what i'm after.......

Does anyone actually know what they are like? Are they manufactured in thailand? It seems there is a distributor for every country in asia except thailand.

I have used the nomad (made also by feel free) they are fast and easy to paddle, they don' track well though.

They are made in Thailand and are shipped all around the world, they are a pretty well known company for that kind of stuff. I don't know about that particular kayak but I know that their other ones are well made and durable. The fishing one is longer and more pointy than the nomad, so I would imagine it will be faster and track better.

I bought thier 2 seater, really durable, strong plastic but because of that are heavy and therefore hard to paddle. Very stable in the water, but not the best in the open ocean (is 'pooping' the correct nautical term?) when you catch the wave and the back of the boat goes faster than the front and results in capsising.

I'm happy enough with mine, availability was good, one week from ordering it was delivered at my home. I have been told there are better kayaks around though, but dont know what they are.

Just my two cents

I have a single seater Loma.

It has great primary stability therefore poor secondary stability which makes for a good kayak for fishing and photography.

It is slow and heavy though and there is no water tight storage , so it would be poor for long/overnight journeys.

I use it in the reservoirs around Thailand and for that its very good.

Cheers

PS its got the most uncomfortable seat of any vehicle I've ever had the misfortune to use! Either that or my arse isn't as padded as it used to be and that certainly doesn't appear to be the case@!

• 1 month later...
Feelfree kayaks

Does anyone actually know what they are like? Are they manufactured in thailand? It seems there is a distributor for every country in asia except thailand.

I have used the nomad (made also by feel free) they are fast and easy to paddle, they don' track well though.

I think it may be what I am looking for also, I used to fish from my kayak in Oz and this one looks like a much better set up than what I used. Every boat is a trade off between stability (wider and flatter) and speed (lighter and slimmer) but in my opinion a semi sit in offers a lot of benefits especially for general use and fishing.

Anyone have an idea of the price for this kayak?

CB

Feelfree kayaks

I think it may be what I am looking for also, I used to fish from my kayak in Oz and this one looks like a much better set up than what I used. Every boat is a trade off between stability (wider and flatter) and speed (lighter and slimmer) but in my opinion a semi sit in offers a lot of benefits especially for general use and fishing.

Anyone have an idea of the price for this kayak?

CB

I think I paid B12 or 14,000 for the single Loma. I imagine it would be a bit more but not much.

Cheers