Warning On Buses To Pattaya From Ekkamai (bangkok)

Trevor

These depart through the day at roughly 10-15 minute intervals and the one-way fare is a bargain Baht 73. BUT don't make the mistake I did on 4th October 2004 and get on one which stops at every <deleted>' intersection on the old, slow road -- stopping to pick up every man and his dog. It turned what is normally a reasonable 2h 30m hour trip into 3h 45m of total misery with a looney driver driving a bus with rock-hard suspension.

When it comes to BKK-Pattaya buses it boils down to luck; either you have bad luck or worst possible luck :o

The buses on that route are plain crap, most of the time the aircon won't work and you get an earful of the latest luk thung music, whether you like it or not. I don't go there that often anymore as the ride to Pattaya is pretty darn uncomfortable not to mention that the ripping off starts right at the Pattaya bus station and doesn't end until you leave.

These depart through the day at roughly 10-15 minute intervals and the one-way fare is a bargain Baht 73. BUT don't make the mistake I did on 4th October 2004 and get on one which stops at every <deleted>' intersection on the old, slow road -- stopping to pick up every man and his dog. It turned what is normally a reasonable 2h 30m hour trip into 3h 45m of total misery with a looney driver driving a bus with rock-hard suspension.

Mate,pay the extra B17 and get on the BLUE bus,not the RED one,leaves every 20 min

I've always gone for the buses leaving Mo Chit. You get straight onto the Super Highway, so there's no need to be slowed down by the endless Sukhumvit traffic, and the 3-hourly motorway bus (97Baht) is by far the fastest. It goes along highway 3 and I've used it about a dozen times, it usually takes 1h 45mins, though sometimes longer, depending, of course, on the day&time.

I made this same mistake once, my second trip to Thailand.

Always buy a ticket, don't ever get on a bus that is just outside the station where you pay on board.

It may be cheaper, but I didn't get any change from my 100Bt note.

Then dumped off at Jomtien, not knowing where the f I was, knackered confused and totally disorientated.

I would always use the mor chit (Northern bus station) now. A taxi for 2 from the airport is cheaper than the eccomai bus and is much quicker. Just make sure that you tell the taxi driver to drop you at the terminal for Pattaya. Mor chit is a big place!

when I lived near Sri Nikiran Rd and used to go to Pattaya I used this bus because it was the only one that stopped.

At certain times it was about 2 hrs 50 min

and when it was chuckin out time at the universities so many nice chicks got on....

• 4 weeks later...

I travelled by bus from Pattaya to Ekamai recently. Fare 90 bt, comfortable quiet journey took 2 hrs. Worst part was from BKK expressway to Ekamai bus terminal & then back by taxi to expressway for Don Muang by taxi. BKK traffic as bad as ever in early evening. Will go to/from Morchit in future.

Was told the Airport bus A3 does not run after 20:00.

Roll on the new airport!

The bottom line here is to get the bus INSIDE Ekkamai, NOT the one on the forecourt.

Only get your tickets from the window on the far left hand side as you walk in and ignore anyone who tries to get you on any other bus.

I once got suckered in by this bus! I was f*cking furious a s the trip took 4 hours and I'd got up early especially for an afternoon by the hotel pool in Patters!!

hi..

i have been living in pattaya for about a year now,and have had no problems with the bus service to bangkok(ekamai or mor chit).

for 90baht you cant go wrong what do you expect for just over a quid??????

it takes 2 to 2 half hours depending on traffic (when you get of the expressway in bkk).

as regards from ekamai it is the first pay desk on the RIGHT as you enter the station the price is 90baht,the same company as from pattaya---WHITE/BLUE bus!

the go every 20 mins or so.

ahh yes we have had one bad experience with the bus..we put our bag down there in the baggage hold,it rained all the way to bkk.when we got to bkk our bag was soaking wet so was everthing inside with muddy rain water,it then cost me about 500 baht for drycleaning,so with the cost of that the bus and taxi it was about 800 baht sames as a taxi from pattaya!

shit happens in thailand..

good luck

Thai limousine

one way Pattaya : 3250 Baht :o

http://www.thaiair.com/About_Thai/Limousine/fares.htm

The other limousine service is at 2400 Baht!

You'll have to be a seasoned Thailand traveler to get yourself a taxi to Pattaya at the airport for 800 Baht! I paid that price a couple of years ago, when 1 liter of premium fuel was around 16 Baht....

Thai limousine

one way Pattaya : 3250 Baht  :o

http://www.thaiair.com/About_Thai/Limousine/fares.htm

The other limousine service is at 2400 Baht!

You'll have to be a seasoned Thailand traveler to get yourself a taxi to Pattaya at the airport for 800 Baht! I paid that price a couple of years ago, when 1 liter of premium fuel was around 16 Baht....

I paid 1,100 bt (incl tolls) to Patters last month. You can get one for 800-900 in the reverse direction.