Suan Lum V Suan Lam

dyertribe

Guys,

I know that Suan Lum was to close last year, however I've heard that the night bazaar still exists. A search of google turns up recent links to Suan Lam such as You Tube clip

The clip looks similar but not the same as Suan Lum (note the portable shade structures).

Can anyone confirm of deny this for me ... or is this just a transliteration error?

Regards

Looked at the youtube bit. Took me 2 seconds to recognize Suan Lum night bazaar. Just a transliteration error. Yes, it's supposed to have closed many times but it's still open. Could be closed at any time according to news stories about it. The portable structures were set up for rainy season I would guess, as I and others used them one night to keep from the rain just a month ago or so.

The CPB owns the land, and leased it to PCon, which uses the land for a night market. The lease expired in March, 2006, and has been extended several times. An appeal has been filed to keep the market open, and it will take another couple years for it to work through the legal system.

Guy's

Thanks for looking at that for me ... When I travel to Thailand I stay not far from Suan Lum and quite like the place (I have simple tastes). I'm coming back in October and hope it's still alive.

Thanks for your replies.