Frog Got Zapped

petercsea

There was an aweful stink coming from the area of the water pump. I couldn't see anything dead around so opened the cover of the pump. Still nothing apparent so took off the cover protecting the electrical connections, the only other serviceable feature. There was a partially dessicated frog frozen in time.

I was surprised that the RCBO hadn't tripped but then saw that the frog had stepped off the metallic body completely onto the plastic electrical enclosure with one front leg on the Active terminal and the other on the Neutral. The short wasn't great enough to trip the breaker. The size of the opening the frog made its way through was tiny.

There was an aweful stink coming from the area of the water pump. I couldn't see anything dead around so opened the cover of the pump. Still nothing apparent so took off the cover protecting the electrical connections, the only other serviceable feature. There was a partially dessicated frog frozen in time.

I was surprised that the RCBO hadn't tripped but then saw that the frog had stepped off the metallic body completely onto the plastic electrical enclosure with one front leg on the Active terminal and the other on the Neutral. The short wasn't great enough to trip the breaker. The size of the opening the frog made its way through was tiny.

My G/F wants to know if you can see a number on the frog's chest....... :D

I told her it was probably somewhere between 220 and 240 :o