New Passport

Hi

Ive just got back from Ranong after activating my tourist visa x2 -second entry. I would like to get the 1 month extension when the two months is up but after that Im going to england. I need to get a replacement passport as Im gonna run out of pages soon, so my question is will my visa still be valid if I get anew passport in teh next week and will I still be eligable for the extension?? Also how is it done? Ive spoken to the british embassy and they will send both passports back but after that Im not sure what to do? Any help??

You use both passports. When you get the new one you need to transfer the current permitted to stay stamp into it - when you want to make the extension for 30 days it would probably be best to take both with you although they will have the visa information on the transfer stamp.

They can not transfer a visa anywhere. They can transfer only the current permitted to stay until stamp. Normally it is done in Bangkok when getting the new passport but believe regional office can do.

Postal service I find pretty reliable in Thailand. And sure is if you send by EMS or registered mail.

Make sure you make a copy of your passport before you send it, to show immigration/police if need be while you are out of a passport.

Immigration will transfer the stamps for free. Just fill in the right form.