Ince Gets Blackburn Job

ThaiPauly

So Paul Ince's spectacular rise up the Managerial ranks continues.

He has a brilliant track record so far, but in the very lowly leagues

Is he gonna be a better Manager than the bitterly dissapointed Big Sam who was interviewed for the job but did not get it?

It's going to be interesting, can Paul attract the names that Big Sam would have been able to do?

What's your view?

Being the first black Premiership manager is a welcome achievement in itself.

On the managerial experience side of things, I think that Blackburn have taken a huge gamble here, one which I hope pays-off.

Ince has stated on more than one occasion his desire to become West Ham manager one day. Another thing that I'd welcome should he become a successful manager elsewhere first. But first the idiots who still hold the grudge that prevents Paul Ince from even coming to watch the team that he supports, through fear of being chinned, have to be won over.

A thrice of good seasons with Blackburn will go a long way in winning over even the most obdurate and unforgiving West Ham supporter. Or at least they'd have to bend to what's presented before them in terms of what he could do at West Ham , even if that may mostly be from recognizing the overwhelming opinion of other supporters.

Good luck to him I say.

Being the first black Premiership manager is a welcome achievement in itself.

On the managerial experience side of things, I think that Blackburn have taken a huge gamble here, one which I hope pays-off.

Ince has stated on more than one occasion his desire to become West Ham manager one day. Another thing that I'd welcome should he become a successful manager elsewhere first. But first the idiots who still hold the grudge that prevents Paul Ince from even coming to watch the team that he supports, through fear of being chinned, have to be won over.

A thrice of good seasons with Blackburn will go a long way in winning over even the most obdurate and unforgiving West Ham supporter. Or at least they'd have to bend to what's presented before them in terms of what he could do at West Ham , even if that may mostly be from recognizing the overwhelming opinion of other supporters.

Good luck to him I say.

He's the third black manager Guillet and Tigana came before him but the first black Brit manager. To be fair the WHU people who hold a grudge aren't that many -it was after all 20 years ago and he has gone on record saying he regretted the Man U shirt incident. Besides everybody has bigger fish to fry. I hope he does alright but not too alright. Besides a limited club like Blackburn don't seem to able to attract many people (fans or players :o ) or much investment and I see them sliding back into the 2nd tier before too long with Wigan and Bolton on their coat tails hopefully :D

I really wish people didn't bring the race issue into it, what for really ?? I don't see the need at all & coming from someone who has had more than my fair share of racist abuse over the years, there's no need to bring it up if you ask me, Incey's a Man in his own right & he is now a Prmeiership Manager who will be judged as such, nothing to do with the Colour of his skin..

Anyway how will he do ??

I think he might struggle if i'm honest although not sure if any other Hammers saw it, but he won me over massively in an Interview in the build up to the last Game of the 2006/07 Season on MUTV ( i know, i know ) when he was Macclesfiedl Manager & i'd like to see him at UP as Manager one day, i really think i would..

I juist have a feeling he won't have the best of times at Blackburn but one thing i have learnt over the years is to NEVER write off Paul Ince.. :o

He saved Macclesfield from almost certain relegation......he got MK Dons promoted as champions the following season.

The Premiership is a whole different ball game but I wish him well.Mark Hughes will be a hard act to follow there,though.

Its quite amazing how many of Alex Ferguson's players are now managing EPL teams, then add his assistants who have managed top tier teams.

This has got to reinforce Sir Alex as one of the best managers of all time I guess.

Bryan Robson is useless, Bruces record is terrible he has to take some responsibility for Birminghams demise.

Sparky has done very well at both Wales and Blackburn, and Ince has done well so far.

IMO most positions in football are got by who you know rather then what you know.

He's the third black manager Guillet and Tigana came before him but the first black Brit manager.

Were they the fist black Prem managers ? I suppose that they were.

To be fair the WHU people who hold a grudge aren't that many -it was after all 20 years ago and he has gone on record saying he regretted the Man U shirt incident.

Don't believe it, keddy. There's plenty of idiots that support West Ham who still despise the man. Even though his excuses are a bit thin, imo, there's no reason now to hold it against the bloke.

And if you accept the view expressed in Brian Belton's , 'Black Hammers: The Voices of West Ham's Ebony Heroes' , there may be a bit of racism involved too.

Now, Hackett and Lampard I can understand. :o

Besides a limited club like Blackburn don't seem to able to attract many people (fans or players :D ) or much investment and I see them sliding back into the 2nd tier before too long with Wigan and Bolton on their coat tails hopefully

I dunno, it still grieves me that Benni McCarthy chose Blacburn in preference to us. :D

How about a warm welcome and give the man a chance.

Blackburn always do, so lets see what he can do, IMO Shearer was bright not to take the job as where they are now is as high as they can get though id like to see someone take a team like BBurn into the top few, then theyd be worthy of being called a very good manager.

It's worth remembering that Roy Keane had NO managerial experience before going to Sunderland -and he has done very very well.

A bigger name than Paul Ince ?,probably, would command more respect from the players?, probably, but as I said in my opening post he seems to have what it takes judging by his record thus far.

Mark Hughes had only managed Wales before he got the Blackburn job, his name is no bigger or smaller than Ince's,

So lets see what the lad can do