Last Expat

goski

I very impressed by the cognitive recollection that the senior members of the Chiang Rai forum possess. With less than a decade in Thailand I don't know a single soul of the people mentioned in the "first expat" thread. So, who was the last expat, in its full sense, in Chiang Rai?

Goski,

You've had 70+ views and no replys; I know its generally a quiet forum but maybe like me , people are not quite sure what you mean !?

Are you looking for the latest/last expat to settle here ? . the most Recently deceased ? Not quite sure ;-)

Goski,

You've had 70+ views and no replys; I know its generally a quiet forum but maybe like me , people are not quite sure what you mean !?

Are you looking for the latest/last expat to settle here ? . the most Recently deceased ? Not quite sure ;-)

This is just some kind of humor they have in the south of Sweden. Noone understands it, probably not themselves either.

:o:D:D

Edited by svenivan

Well, I had hoped that the message would go through in the end but apparently not. Since the "first expat" thread is all about living in the past and discussing people that are no longer with us I had hoped that it would be more interesting to discuss those who actually do walk around in Chiang Rai alive and well. Must be some interesting people except for people involved in the food industry.

But maybe that's too personal.

Goski, I've got it now. I'm a bit slow sometimes ;-)

Good Idea, ...... But doubt it will work in Chiang Rai. There are thousands of us up here and only a handful seem to post on this forum.

We seem to be a shy /reserved/private sort of bunch to put it politely ;-)

Good luck anyway.

Well, I had hoped that the message would go through in the end but apparently not. Since the "first expat" thread is all about living in the past and discussing people that are no longer with us I had hoped that it would be more interesting to discuss those who actually do walk around in Chiang Rai alive and well. Must be some interesting people except for people involved in the food industry.

But maybe that's too personal.

i do not agree with you that the "first expat "thread was about discussing people that are no longer with us,there are many expats in chaingrai

that have been here more than twenty years that were mentioned in the thread and still going strong,thank you very much.

the difference between the "last expat" thread"and this thread is simple,there was only a small percentage of expats

over twenty years ago compared to the chaingrai of today,thus all the locals knew each other.

these days you can not keep track of the MANY falang who have come in their droves to settle in chaingrai in recent years for

better or for worse.

i dont know how many of the new expats would still be here if there was,no internet,they had to go to penang for a visa, no bigc or macro,

no english tv,less than 36baht to 1 gbp and less than 25 baht to 1 $,to name but a few of what the "old timers "put up with for the love

of chaingrai

i do not agree with you

Please use soap when bathing then. :o

Kan Win

P.S. is it available up-country as well :D Soap that is or should one bring their ?

i do not agree with you

Kan Win

P.S. is it available up-country as well :D Soap that is or should one bring their ?

no problem pal

as long has you keep it CLEAN

i do not agree with you

Kan Win

Plenty of soap here Win, along with plenty of hot water that us married Farangs seem to spend a lot of time in. :D

Plenty of soap here Win, along with plenty of hot water that us married Farangs seem to spend a lot of time in. :D

Reason for me post was that I read this "Fred"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=195873

in your forum about some Sham(less)poo being sold in your area. :o

and re:- "with plenty of hot water" so then Kan is really no different, but we do have a Bridge over Troubled Waters here to take them away. B)

Thanking you all for letting me stand up on this Soapbox, now it is time to give it back to the rightful owner. :D Soap take it away. All in good clean fun :D

Kan Win :D

P.S. A soapbox is a raised platform on which one stands to make an impromptu post in the "Chiang Rai Forum" :D