Getting The Back Off An Iphone?

steffi

Ok so I've seen the videos that show how this is done and some of them are realistic and others not but what I want to know is are there people at MBK who can get the back of an iphone without it having looked like they did so?

My iphone took a nasty spill the other day and so far I've resisted the temptation to get the back replaced because you have a different serial #, IMEI on the replacement back. This is somewhat irrelevant in Thailand because there's no warranty coverage anyway but here in the US it would void your warranty so whilst I'd like my phone to look new again I'd rather it be covered by warranty should it stop working.

Fair question, I simply want to know if it's worth waiting until I next travel to Bangkok because if it's not possible to do there I can just get it done here and I wouldn't have to wait. I'm more inclined to want to do this later than sooner and it's going to be a lot cheaper to get done there than here. Here it's about $69 US to pay somebody to do it for you. That's just for labor and not parts.

Tad confused..your in USA and want to get a new back from thailand?

From my experience, I would say the warranty is worth more than an unscratched back. I've had mine replaced twice because of failed touchscreens (if you use a security code to unlock, don't use the same number twice - disproportionate wear on the screen makes for a dead spot). Both units were well worn and scratched (and jailbroken), but never a concern from the "geniuses."