Chiang Mai

choppychugger

Hi

I am planning a trip to Chiang Mai next month to view some land plots with my family. Travelling up from Phuket.

Could anyone recommend a good hotel, budget around 3,000-4,000thb a night in or around the city? and a car rental company that I could rent a fortuner or the likes from?

Choppy

Hi

I am planning a trip to Chiang Mai next month to view some land plots with my family. Travelling up from Phuket.

Could anyone recommend a good hotel, budget around 3,000-4,000thb a night in or around the city? and a car rental company that I could rent a fortuner or the likes from?

Choppy

On that budget you could do no better than to check in to the Amora Tapae Hotel (that's how they spell it) just 100m from Thapae Gate (that's how everyone else spells it). Very nice rooms, pool, business centre, good & varied lunchtime buffet plus excellent, good value Thai, Italian and French restaurants within 200m walking distance.

Turn right out of the hotel and 150m away is North Wheels Car Rent, the best quality-value choice up here by far. Terrific range of cars, SUVs etc, maps and mechanic on 24 hour call out. The hotel even has a carefully hidden multi storey car park which even some of we expats don't know about!

I have no connection with either business, except as a happy client.

Once a month I stay at the Royal Pincess located at the Night Bazar. Excellent service and facilities. Rooms are great! 2,000 Baht a night which includes breakfast and a dinner if you take the special package.

latestays.com usually has excellent rates for bookings made within 14 days b4 arrival. the perfectly located 4-star CENTARA DUANGTAWAN can be had for as low as 1200 baht a night (room only, superior) at the moment. but if you wanna spend more, plenty of options available. CM is VERY quiet these days. and hotels are desperately crying for business....

on their website u can book promotional rates directly as well.

as for car rentals, NORTHWHEELS is a trusted LOCALLY OWNED business (shouldnt we all support reliable and honest businesses rather than worldwide chains?) since many years. and the prices they offer are excellent at all times. I always rent from them when I am in the North. add a ".com" to the company-name and u will land at their homepage....

June/July is a great month to do any kind of research in CM, as there are not many visitors.....

as for car rentals, NORTHWHEELS is a trusted LOCALLY OWNED business (shouldnt we all support reliable and honest businesses rather than worldwide chains?) since many years. and the prices they offer are excellent at all times. I always rent from them when I am in the North. add a ".com" to the company-name and u will land at their homepage....

June/July is a great month to do any kind of research in CM, as there are not many visitors.....

Agree about North Wheels. BTW, as well as the Toyota Sport Rider SUV, they also offer the very capable Toyota Avanza at a good rate - a small MPV that will carry up to 7 people if you don't need 4x4 and masses of power.