Television And Internet Service Providers

elektrified

Hi, after I return from California next month I will immediately be moving to a house in a moobaan near Ruam Chok Market. I will need television and Internet service. For the last seven months I have lived in a place which provides all services so I don't know where to begin looking for service providers and what is available.

For the Internet I would like ADSL or other high speed connection; preferably a wired connection.

For television, besides all of the Thai channels for my girlfriend, I would really like to be able to get CNN, CNBC, BBC, National Geographic Channel, The Discovery Channel, History Channel, The Animal Channel, Deutsche Wella, maybe Sky News and/or ITN, and perhaps some cooking channels, etc. Do they have cable here or do I have to purchase a satellite dish?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

elektrified

Edited by elektrified

www.truevisionstv.com or www.wetv.co.th for your TV Truevisions is the better of the two but more expensive.

Internet can be through true too, or your telephone company will sort internet access for you. Your telephone line will be provided from TOT or TT&T (google for urls) and they have their own adsl packages to offer

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, www.wetv.co.th does not offer service in that moobaan. For the price of Truevisions (1412.97 Baht per month for gold - with all the good channels!), I could buy a satellite from Chiang Mai Satellite for 16,000 and own the dish for what it would cost for 11 months of service from Truevisions. Also there are numerous channels available this way.

Sounds like you are gunna be close to me.. :o

TrueVisions is what I have.

All the channels you have mentioned, and any movie channel you want..HBO( like 4or 5 of 'em) Cinemax, all the normal ones. Not too cheap, but not too expensive compared to the US.

all you need is a computer and internet. you can have a huge selection of stuff to download. of course by signing up with legal sites that provide movie, series, sports downloads.

although i have heard of many people illegally downloading stuff from the internet. i heard they use torrents to download this stuff, some also go all the way in buying illegal copies of DVD's from the Night Bazaar. and then someone also told me about some torrent sites that have daily sports from around the world that are released very promptly. he was very excited to find that site cause he got to download the euro soccer games early in the morning and watch it while having breakfast.

i also read about people installing these so called Dreambox where they receive lots of channels without paying the exorbitant rates that some people pay for truevision. They asked me to google "card sharing" of which i have not had the time to do as yet. maybe someday. i am not sure. i stay away from anything illegal.

so as you can see, there are some options for you to consider. all the best.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, www.wetv.co.th does not offer service in that moobaan. For the price of Truevisions (1412.97 Baht per month for gold - with all the good channels!), I could buy a satellite from Chiang Mai Satellite for 16,000 and own the dish for what it would cost for 11 months of service from Truevisions. Also there are numerous channels available this way.

I have never heard anyone that bought their own dish do nothing but complain...

You could probbly buy a dish off of someone here for alot less. Im sure they want to git rid of it.

• Like 1

I have never heard anyone that bought their own dish do nothing but complain...

You could probbly buy a dish off of someone here for alot less. Im sure they want to git rid of it.

it really depends HighonThai. Depends on what kind of system you have installed and how proficient you are yourself in updating the machine when it needs to.

Chiang Mai Satellite was the first place my girlfriend called. They quoted 16,000 for the dish (a rather large one - I forget how many meters), the receiver and installation. They said I could get over 120 channels or something like that. I want to check into some other possibilities when I get back.