Current Cost Per Bag Of Rice Fertiliser In Your Area

Hi Guys,

Just trying to get a ball park figure across the board for rice fertiliser,the Thai word I am unable to spell.sounds like booee!

I am being told the price in Si Thep which is near Petchaboon is 1200 baht per bag,I am at this point assuming the bags are about 25 kilos.

It would be good it someone good setup a commodities prices in this forum'

Eg

Fertilizer Location Date Bt / Bag

15 15 15 Korat 26/6/08 1200

Vegetables

Cabbages Location Date Price / kg

OZZYDOM hope you are fit and well!!

SAP

Edited by SAP

It would be good it someone good setup a commodities prices in this forum'

Eg

Fertilizer Location Date Bt / Bag

15 15 15 Korat 26/6/08 1200

Vegetables

Cabbages Location Date Price / kg

OZZYDOM hope you are fit and well!!

SAP

Your hints are so subtle Phil. :o

Hi Guys,

Just trying to get a ball park figure across the board for rice fertiliser,the Thai word I am unable to spell.sounds like booee!

I am being told the price in Si Thep which is near Petchaboon is 1200 baht per bag,I am at this point assuming the bags are about 25 kilos.

Booee (sp) is the Thai word used to cover any fertilizer (hormone as the locals refer)

Each component of fertilizer is priced as per cost ,,, N =X price ..P = X price etc etc

So a 50kg bag of 15-15-15 will (should) contain 7.5kg of N.....7.5kg of P....7.5kg of Kg and 22.5 kg of filler.

Phosphorous is one of the more expensive components so fertilizer high in P will be more expensive.

I put a cost for for fertilizer based on the compent cost plus inert material, packageing, and transport a while back on this forum. Price of petroleum has gone up so adjust upwards for a ballpark number. After reading the paper today, Farmers are protesting due to non and slow payment of rice delivered to mills in Chiang Mai area. It seems to be a given that the millers will pay and do what they want, forget government promises etc, fertilizer from China has already been found wanting as to real content vs what is shown on sacks, millers deduct about 30% on price on 30% mositure vs 15% etc. I told the wife last week, as she and family prepared to plant 20 rai of rice, do not depend on what you hear but what are your needs. Its tough to get them to set down and put a pencil to real figures and look to see if there are other ways to get the desired results.

So a 50kg bag of 15-15-15 will (should) contain 7.5kg of N.....7.5kg of P....7.5kg of Kg and 22.5 kg of filler.

Phosphorous is one of the more expensive components so fertilizer high in P will be more expensive.

just question

7.5kg of N.....7.5kg of P....7.5kg of Kg and 22.5 kg of filler

that only adds up to 45kg could it be that there is 27.5kg of filler ?

just question

7.5kg of N.....7.5kg of P....7.5kg of Kg and 22.5 kg of filler

that only adds up to 45kg could it be that there is 27.5kg of filler ?

You mean to tell me that 22.5 +22.5 does not equal 50 . buggar :D

Blame the fact that the 4 people I hired to help empty a pond yesterday decided not to turn up, T/W and I spent 16 hours up to our armpits in water and mud to get the fish transferred, finished 1 am under the floodlights.

but they all (plus a couple of ring-ins ) turned up to pick up the free shrimp this morning. :o

Quote Ozzydom

You mean to tell me that 22.5 +22.5 does not equal 50 . buggar

Blame the fact that the 4 people I hired to help empty a pond yesterday decided not to turn up, T/W and I spent 16 hours up to our armpits in water and mud to get the fish transferred, finished 1 am under the floodlights.

Hope your mrs is ok Dom, from what i remember, you stand head and shoulders above her,, :o Cheers, Alex.

Quote Ozzydom

You mean to tell me that 22.5 +22.5 does not equal 50 . buggar

Hope your mrs is ok Dom, from what i remember, you stand head and shoulders above her,, :o Cheers, Alex.

I gave her the deep end to mate, but she is still here. :D

Thanks everyone looks like the prices are fairly standard across the board..

I am struggling to understand how the price is effected by the raise in fuel prices!

Hey Ho.....TIT

I just talked with a friend who used to work for a major fert company back home he said;

Most nitrogen fertilizers are made from gas, and therefore a direct increase

The earthquake in China has currently upset phosphate supplies

And just the added demand as more high intensive crops such as sugarcane and corn are increasing their acreages.

SAP

Just my two penneth,

50Kg sacks of 15:15:15 where I am have gone from 600baht/sack (good grade) to over 1200 in the last couple of years.

I believe that it is the world shortage of Phosphorous that is mainly to blame, and this appears to be due to a lot of demand for this by the Chinese.

From what I read, there is likey to be a relaxation towards the end of the year, which may or may not see the price come down a bit - but once people get used to paying for it, it may just remain the same, also, transport and production costs will be much higher with the current oil prices.

What pisses me off, is that some of the products that have been affected by the phosphorous price increases, i.e. Roundup, have been marked up to over 1000 baht from 600 baht. This is despite the fact that when you check the production batch code date on the bottles that are being sold in some places here, they were manufactured and probably on the shelves well before the recent price rises.

I guess it could be down to poor stock rotation, but I doubt it!

I bought one bottle at 600 baht made in February this year, later from the same shop I paid 990 baht for a bottle made in November last year....? Opportunity Knocks!

Just my two penneth,

50Kg sacks of 15:15:15 where I am have gone from 600baht/sack (good grade) to over 1200 in the last couple of years.

I believe that it is the world shortage of Phosphorous that is mainly to blame, and this appears to be due to a lot of demand for this by the Chinese.

1200? jeez i'm shocked at that! but yes, like you say, worldwide stocks of Phosphate are very low.

UK produced AN is currently around £340/T over here. Up from £152 last year!

P and K blends are out of the question this year.

BTW...for any homesick UK farmers :o ....winter barley harvesting will be getting underway here (Lincolnshire) in around 2 weeks.