Setting Myself Up In Chiang Mai

farangchangman

Hi, looking to stay in Chiang Mai over the winter. Looking for a nice, safe, reasonably quiet but not too far from western/modern area apartment. £100-200/month no problem. 1 room or studio. Fully furnished with tv and gym good too. Any suggestions.

Also, I plan to be making a lot of music and wondering where about and if there is actually any good place to buy electrical stuff up there (never been only Bkk). I will be looking to get a pc or laptop and midi controller keybroad, maybe guitar and also for fun ps3 or xbox 360 and games. Is this stuff easy to get and cheap like BKK?

Also, I have a degree but no TEFL. Is it possible to get some part time teaching english work or do privates. Of course, I plan on buying some online guides, books and preparing first.

Cheers.

there are a couple of places i've used along the north side of the most, on sri poom. they're marketplaces for tech kit, couple of floors of small shops selling all sorts and everything. or there's the big pantip plaza down near the night bazaar, similar to the pantip mall in BKK.