Lost Arrival Card

Hi All

I'm nearly due for a 90 day report and I have just noticed that my arrival card is missing from my passport.

Can anyone tell me the procedure for getting it replaced.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS Im based in Isaan.

You'll have to go to the police station and file a report that it is lost, you need to take that report, I think it cost me 50baht at the station next to immigration here in BKK. Then there will be a special procedure you will need to go through before the regular processing of your visa, they will tel you. They place a new one in there for you.

DONT do this around Lunch time, I did it once and it was the biggest fuc_king headache of all time, do it either early morning or after lunch.

Personally after this mess, if it happened again I'd just plead dumb when I got to passport check out, they are not too bothered.

DONT do this around Lunch time, I did it once and it was the biggest fuc_king headache of all time, do it either early morning or after lunch.

Personally after this mess, if it happened again I'd just plead dumb when I got to passport check out, they are not too bothered.

I either write down the number of my arrival card or scan it to my PC.  I also keep a few arrival cards handy at home, fill these out prior to a trip to save time at Immigration.

So, if you loose your original arrival card, pull out one of the extras you have at home, scatch through the printed number on the card and write in your number.  This works, have done it before, and that's all that Immigration at Suan Plu would do anyway.

FYI, NOT illegal.

Mac

Many apologies to Lop3 :o .........of course I was referring to Thaihome.

I have a photocopy of my departure card and have been told by imm. office @ the airport "NO PALOM PALEM"

Once again many thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Quite often they are not stapled? When you need copies you have to take out/replace? Torn off? Some hotel pulled it off during check-in?

An Australian friend of mine on a trip from Bangkok to Hong Kong had his 90 day report card removed from his passport and torn up by check in on the way out of Thailand. Why would that happen?

A friend of mine "Lost" his "DEPARTURE" Card is what I think we are all talking about

(The Arrival Card is kept by Immigration on the way in!)

We think it must have been taken out by a Bank where he cashed some Travellers Cheques.

So he used a Photocopy we made previously - when leaving - there was a BIG HUHA at Immigration

- he was taken to the Supervisor - the photocopy was held up to the Light ...

Eventually he was given a New Card - but I could not see if they wrote the old number on it.

I was travelling with him - so I witnessed "The Happening" - at Don Muang - but some years ago ...

Bill

Edited by WilliamIV

Thanks Bill

As I understand it all the arrival/departure cards are now computerised so it is a fairly simple method of cross referencing when leaving........maybe not computerised when your friend had some probs a few years ago.

Steve

Ian

Once you leave LOS no need to 90 day report,however if/when he returns the 90 days rule starts from the new re entry date thus negating his original 90 dayer....make sense???

I leave the country twice a year and after my return I wait the 90 days for next reporting. Immigration insist I show them the receipt from previous 90 day reporting even though it was before my last exit from LOS.

I lost Arrival card once and it was replaced when I was flying out. Very easy for immigration to check your last arrival into the country by looking at previous arrival stamp in passport. They then checked that date and issued new card - no cost.

:o

<br />its not big deal , i have lost mine mroe than once.<br />Just go to immigration and tell them it got taken out, they will look in the computer and reissue u a new card.<br />DONT NEED GO TO POLICE<br /><br />at leats thats here in Phuket<br />

few months ago a friend of mine while going out of thailand at sadao border was charged a thousand bath to issue a new card.

no need to say, the officers were happy at the end of the day....

Many apologies to Lop3 :o .........of course I was referring to Thaihome.

I have a photocopy of my departure card and have been told by imm. office @ the airport "NO PALOM PALEM"

Once again many thanks for taking the time to help me out.

This is a good reason to carry a small digital camera. I photo everything useful, including business cards of taxis, hotels, that bargirl's ID card (before she makes it in your room...) etc. It's ready refernce when traveling. Or begging forgiveness.

FYI - I don't keep scans of things on my laptop - too easily lost and then the fun begins. Better - scan and e-mail to your Yahoo, and save in a dedicated folder there for special documents.

This all sounds very complicated....I don't know if it is different outside of BKK, but I lost my card a few weeks ago, and when I went to the airport immigration line for the departure stamp, the officer just called an officer over and I went to a desk behind where they usually process overstay visas....she pulled up the number on her computer and just stamped my passport. The whole thing took 5 minutes, and althoug I was worried before I got to the airport, it was no big deal at all. They didn't even ask me any questions.

This may be different in other exit points, but for suvarnabhumi airport it was very quick and 100% painless