Mafia Problem

I had a small problem with a big mouth mafia guy coming in my wifes store, so I basically threw him out on his ass. A couple of nights later the car we park there had all the windows broken. Unfortunatly it is a Holden Calis from Australia, and it will be about 30,000Bt to get it fixed. Does anyone have any cheaper alternative ideas about the car

Leave it out and enjoy the breeze :o

Seriously , you should be able to find somewhere, that will make you a replica? T.I.T

Do you have any suggestions. I am in Phuket.

What's T.I.T.

I had a windscreen replaced that was a kind of cut down and make it fit..

Was done by a window glass place on the Chalong rd (cho fa east) leaving phuket town.. From the traffic lights near jammin head to chalong and it was on the right a couple hundred meters.. Little place but proper job.

Danblack = DeadBlack???

Lets hope that it stops with the windows...

If you pissed him off that bad and you are looking for cheap windows, maybe it is time for you to leave Phuket!

Lots of foreigners die over there and you should be very carefull..

Why did you have to throw him out of the shop? What did he do? Have you tried to talk to his friends or do you not know who they are?

I think that the car windows are you smallest problem now..

Anyways, can not help you with windows but good luck and be careful

I am far from being a tough guy, and I am sure all you guys with your moralistic advice would not stand by and let your wife be verbally abused either, unless of course you tripped on your dress

good comeback...

apart from the windscreen. Have you proposed to the local cop shop that you are willing and able to donate 2000 baht a month to their Christmas fund in return for a bit of extra TLC from them?

Leave it out and enjoy the breeze :o

Seriously , you should be able to find somewhere, that will make you a replica? T.I.T

Do you have any suggestions. I am in Phuket.

What's T.I.T.

This Is Thailand

I am far from being a tough guy, and I am sure all you guys with your moralistic advice would not stand by and let your wife be verbally abused either, unless of course you tripped on your dress

good comeback...

apart from the windscreen. Have you proposed to the local cop shop that you are willing and able to donate 2000 baht a month to their Christmas fund in return for a bit of extra TLC from them?

Yes, nice line there, OP, and good advice here too.

Never been to Aus but am told that they have scrapyards galore, well run and cheap, especially glass, engines and gearboxes. PM me if you need a contact.

Up here in Chiang Mai I have just had a quote of 9,000b only for a large custom made, curved, windscreen for a 50 year old classic truck, including 2 flat side windows, 2 quarter lights and a flat rear window!

Thought I'd tell you as a guideline.

Watch your back and - chok dee.

good comeback...

Yes, nice line there, OP, and good advice here too.

Never been to Aus but am told that they have scrapyards galore, well run and cheap, especially glass, engines and gearboxes. PM me if you need a contact.

Up here in Chiang Mai I have just had a quote of 9,000b only for a large custom made, curved, windscreen for a 50 year old classic truck, including 2 flat side windows, 2 quarter lights and a flat rear window!

Thought I'd tell you as a guideline.

Watch your back and - chok dee.

Thanks for that

I am quoted 24,000Bt to make the front and back windows for my Holden Calis. I assume side windows are pretty standard. Is there any chance you could do me a big favour and ask your glass guy how much it would be for a front and back for my car.

Nice to see the standard replies from the truly stupid.

Hope you can catch bullets, be ready to leave now etc.

The guys wife was being threatened, what are you suggesting leave the Thai's to it and let her get a beating?

Grow up, he did the right thing, in fact he was too restrained, if anyone threatened my wife they wouldn't walk for months and that is not tough guy talk.

There is a saying that a lot of smart <deleted> here should remember, if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Seems a lot of farangs here are part of the problem.

Very strange post stu?????????????????.I have not seen one post on here who said they wouldnt protect their missus.the big mafia thai shouted at her not abused her and maybe he should have handled it different.The op said he threw him out bodily and some of us say in hindsight this may have been handled different.

Hi sorry to hear about your problem.

Are you an Aussie? If you have any mates in Aus maybe they can source a breakers for you and post the windows over.

sounds like a smashing idea :D

No seriously, buy a decent car :o

First of all: Holden Calais are decent cars. Nicer to drive than a boring 4 cylinder "japs crap".

Second: You don't have any evidence tha the "mafia guy" smasched your windows. You'll ned evidence, pictures. Fix tha car, parking at the same place but fit in a video system with 3 or 4 cameras. maybe you'll get some evidence, because it will happen again. If you have the evidence, let the guy know that you have them. let him know and promise him nicely, that you gonna be a nice man, but be able to do anything, if something happen again, because you don't have ties in Thailand and you can do things and allways and step in a airplane on the same day or the day after. YUO ARE A FOREIGGNER AND YOU DON"T NEED TO LIVING IN "LOS" YUO CAN LIVING ANYWHERE. But he can't. he is Local and he can stay only where he grew up. You'll see it will work.

A small problem with a big mouth mafia thai guy,oopssssssssssssss.

Maybe you have a BIG problem with MAFIA THAI GUY now.

Dont you just hate that.....the way Thais refer to some little Gobshite as 'Mafia'

Mafia dont break windows as pay back!!!!!

A small problem with a big mouth mafia thai guy,oopssssssssssssss.

Maybe you have a BIG problem with MAFIA THAI GUY now.

Dont you just hate that.....the way Thais refer to some little Gobshite as 'Mafia'

Mafia dont break windows as pay back!!!!!

I can not talk about what happened there in the shop or whereever the alleged mafia guy did something to his wife, but this is not something one should take with ease... Why did he do it??? Was he drunk?? Was the mafia guy wearing a motorcy jacket? how old was this guy??? Who said he was a big mob guy?

If he indeed is a mobster, you should stay away, yes you can leave anytime after doing something with him, what about your wife and friends???

There are so many factors in play here so to give advice over this forum is pointless...

You can always talk to his people and they will sort him out if he did something wrong- If you did something wrong, then you fuc_ked up and should stay out of his way in the future... If he lost face it will not be forgotten...

He might even think that he is even now!