Briton Receives Death Sentence

Cheeky Farang

ciggarettes and alcohol are childs play compared to Heroin.

The FACT is that they knew selling this would get them the death sentance, Heroin ruins many families and creates alot of criminal activities.

They knew the conceqences so they should accept whats going to happend.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ciggarettes and alcohol are childs play compared to Heroin.

The FACT is that they knew selling this would get them the death sentance, Heroin ruins many families and creates alot of criminal activities.

They knew the conceqences so they should accept whats going to happend.

Tobacco is the most addictive substance know to man. Alcohol abuse accounts for a very high percentage of mental illness.

The criminal activities surrounding heroin is a bit of a "chicken or the egg" argument. If heroin was legal and cheap people wouldn't be robbing and stealing to get money to buy!

There is a certain percentage of the population who will have substance abuse problems. Accepting this fact and decriminalizing drug use is a much more pragmatic approach. We will never completely eradicate drug use. IMHO

I could be wrong.

I do know that heroin has been systematically demonized.

The opium poppy originates from Buddhas eyelids after all, not some demon!

The self righteous bible thumping NGO's really are a PITA.

I smoke cigs and i drink and im fine and havent ruined lives etc.

Heroin is a far more destructive drug then these 2 with ease, i dont care what stats say, ive seenpeople addicted to the harry and they turn into very very different people, i even help someone get off it and i can assure you kicking the habit on cigs is ALOT easier then getting off the harry. Heroin is much more addictive to cigs, i wouldnt know how hard for an alcoholic to kick his habit but i drink nearly every weekend and im not addicted to it at all...

Answer this, out of heroin/cigs/alcohol which would you rather not have as an addiction

Well, I dropped heroin because it does screw you, not least because of the issues associated with the illegality.

I'd like to drop cigs as well, a drug with little benefits but considerable ill-effects, but I found that impossible to do.

Alcohol - a 'special case', since it's possible to go without for periods, as in your case. A 'regular' weekend drinker is 'addicted'. It's not seen as a problem until exessive levels of consumption are reached, and then I'd count it to be more destructive and more difficult to quit than heroin.

...Answer this, out of heroin/cigs/alcohol which would you rather not have as an addiction
Definitive alcohol!

This is a no-return ticket. It takes longer to get bodily addicted but as I said, there is NO way back.

I've seen a friend dying from Korsakov at the age of 37, one of the funniest "childs play" I ever witnessed :o . Donz, do a visit in a lunatic asylum in your homecountry and see all this delirium tremens- candidates dying.

I also worked 2 years in a shelter for homeless men (99,9% addicted to alcohol). What I have seen there, people changing their personality on daily/ weekly base is hardly to beat by any opiataddict.

Opiates are easy to withdraw, after a few days (weeks when heavy addicted) you are off, try this when bodily addicted to alcohol and you die, easy that is.

Patex

I would like to see the background on these people when they were in the UK? Then it would be easier to make a judgement IMO ie. previous convictions etc. As a person who has worked with drug addicts, when people are addicted nothing matters except getting money to keep the habit fed! Sometimes there is alot more to a story than headlines, whatever you think they are still human beings.

:o

Edited by lopburiguy

i see your point, but depends how you look at it, in moderation alcohol can be good for you, cigs are more of a long term thing and harry if heavily addicted there will be a high chance of overdose.

Harry cant be taken in moderation, it just ######s you

I see what you say applies to some people but not all? People have different reasons and justifiable ones for becoming addicted to drugs, it does not make them bad, it makes them dependent. I assure you to kill someone for something that is beyond their control is inhumane and prehistoric in all areas of law. I am sure anyone who has first hand expreience of thai law on the bad side would admit it is a unfair system. That does not mean that all Thai law is bad however, so please dont go down the line of I am insulting Thailands laws. It is just self evident when you research deeper into it that alot of cases have seen people wrongly accused or "set up" as some might say.

:o

Edited by lopburiguy

I had a look at his website. He might not be all that good but what he got charged with doesn't deserve the 33 years! Have read his site and signed the petition cause obviously he didn't have the financial back up and was very stuborn at the time of his arrest. Anyway, I am against drugs but if someone has amounts of 1-2 gram for own use and get caught with it does that person deserve 33 years in jail.

UPDATE

Mr. Wilcox has a website about his life at Bang Kwang Prison and his attempts to secure a release:

http://steveatbangkwang.bravehost.com/index.html

I am puzzled as to why you have posted this, given the topic has been so very recently discussed at great length in If You Have Time.. These Guys Could Do With A Visit

Have there been new developments concerning Flanaghan and/or Willcox? :o

I smoke cigs and i drink and im fine and havent ruined lives etc.

Heroin is a far more destructive drug then these 2 with ease, i dont care what stats say, ive seenpeople addicted to the harry and they turn into very very different people, i even help someone get off it and i can assure you kicking the habit on cigs is ALOT easier then getting off the harry. Heroin is much more addictive to cigs, i wouldnt know how hard for an alcoholic to kick his habit but i drink nearly every weekend and im not addicted to it at all...

Answer this, out of heroin/cigs/alcohol which would you rather not have as an addiction

I think you are missing the point I was trying to make: That there will always be a percentage of a population who are predisposed for compulsive or addictive behavior.

Heroin is undeniably highly addictive, but so is tobacco and alcohol.(all these substances demand respect or you will become their slave)

I don't have the statistics at my fingertips but I'm sure the lives ruined by alcohol and tobacco is very significant.

There are many white collar heroin users who are not robbing to get a fix who live productive lives.

The drug isn't really the problem it is the responsibility of the individual or lack thereof which I think is the real issue.