Most Lpg Stations Closed In And Around Bangkok

tracker

Drove out today for a movie. Needed a fill-up on the way. My regular LPG pump closed. Tried 4 others, all closed (out of lpg). Had to head home bcs my fuel injection for gasoline is not working......

In the rest of Thailand same?

Drove out today for a movie. Needed a fill-up on the way. My regular LPG pump closed. Tried 4 others, all closed (out of lpg). Had to head home bcs my fuel injection for gasoline is not working......

In the rest of Thailand same?

how frustrating for you, I would have been well annoyed. glad I stayed with 91 petrol. not sure how long that will last though.

The issue has caught the attention of the Press already.

The government issued a statement that the situation was caused by delivery problems from Laem Chabang

apparently the LPG tanker couldn't berth there..... :o but all is resolved now.

It was also mentioned that several stations where not selling anymore while waiting for the announced price raise. Others are already raising their prices (13 THB/liter for my Saturday night refill)

Thus the usual greedy crooks are at work again.

It's going to be fun in the coming day's, weeks.

Some govt. officials stated that only car LPG would be deregulated, household LPG stays at the same price,

I wonder how long it will take for the "creative" Thai to buy household bottles and fill at home.....

Yep, indeed in Pattaya ALL LPG stations were closed Sunday afternoon.

I was in exactly the same predicament as Tracker since my car also won't run on petrol (injection system destroyed by gasohol, 25 year old car)...

Over here price was already going up, from 9.69 to 10,99 (13% hike) in the last week.

If they only deregulate LPG price at fuel stations, you'll see a sudden increase of sales house hold LPG tanks, few thousand baht for a small electrical LPG pump, and transfer...

If they only deregulate LPG price at fuel stations, you'll see a sudden increase of sales house hold LPG tanks, few thousand baht for a small electrical LPG pump, and transfer...

Of course this will bring the Police and Military to a high-alert status with all those assumed terrorist attacks

in the country, caused by the exploding DIY refillers.....

Edited by sysmaster

I'm not getting it...

Bangkok post today stated that if the price of LPG was allowed to float, it would go up to 48 Baht/liter, reflecting real market prices.

Under the plan, LPG sold to households for cooking would continue to be subsidised while the price of gas sold to the transport and industrial sectors would be floated. If the LPG price were fully floated, the retail price would be equivalent to 48 baht a litre, compared with 18.13 baht at present.

Which IMO is a load of <deleted>... Also, current retail is nowhere near 18 Baht/liter, 13 at the most (as of yesterday anyway)...

In most Western Europe a liter of LPG costs under 0.7 Euro's, or less then 37 Baht/liter, and no European country subsidizes LPG, on the contrary, over there a lot more taxes and excise are levied.

In general, pretty much worldwide, LPG at the pump costs around 40% of premium petrol.

In Thailand, If the Bkk post article is true, LPG would cost almost 120% of the price of petrol. Or would cost 30% more then pretty much anywhere else in the world...

Doesn't make sense to me...

BTW today's price of LPG in the UK is 56p or some 37 Baht!/liter while petrol is at 118p or 78 Baht/liter...

Source of the Bkk post article (will only work today, Monday) http://www.bangkokpost.com/300608_Business...2008_biz003.php

I'm not getting it...

Bangkok post today stated that if the price of LPG was allowed to float, it would go up to 48 Baht/liter, reflecting real market prices.

Under the plan, LPG sold to households for cooking would continue to be subsidised while the price of gas sold to the transport and industrial sectors would be floated. If the LPG price were fully floated, the retail price would be equivalent to 48 baht a litre, compared with 18.13 baht at present.

Which IMO is a load of <deleted>... Also, current retail is nowhere near 18 Baht/liter, 13 at the most (as of yesterday anyway)...

In most Western Europe a liter of LPG costs under 0.7 Euro's, or less then 37 Baht/liter, and no European country subsidizes LPG, on the contrary, over there a lot more taxes and excise are levied.

In general, pretty much worldwide, LPG at the pump costs around 40% of premium petrol.

In Thailand, If the Bkk post article is true, LPG would cost almost 120% of the price of petrol. Or would cost 30% more then pretty much anywhere else in the world...

Doesn't make sense to me...

BTW today's price of LPG in the UK is 56p or some 37 Baht!/liter while petrol is at 118p or 78 Baht/liter...

Source of the Bkk post article (will only work today, Monday) http://www.bangkokpost.com/300608_Business...2008_biz003.php

Always keep in mind that "the powers to be" in this country have their hidden agenda, propagating NGV

to whatever cost, when this includes faking up the price of other fuel products, they do not care.

Fact is that around the world, un-subsidized LPG is substantially cheaper than gasoline, even with much higher taxes. In some countries in EU you also pay a higher annual road tax when you are using LPG, this in

an attempt to cut your profits...

In a general comment to the fuel hype ... maybe it's time for "Public Obedience", and follow the govt. advice to use public transport, but to make sure that the system works, we should do it all at the same time, thus in the morning, leave the car home and take a bus/BTS/MRT/mini-van to work, no taxi's since they are not part of the public transport system..... :o

After reading the BKK Post article.... seems the govt. is cooking up a nice doomsday scenario, to mentally prepare everybody for the worst, then in a few day's cool the whole thing down somewhere half way, thereby achieving widespread acceptance by the public. Same as those cheap sales techniques used in shopping malls like 10~50% discount (after they raised the prices of those products to compensate for it)

Edited by sysmaster

After re-reading the article in the Bkk post, I now think the post writers have mixed up Kg with liters.

1 liter of (liquid) LPG is very roughly 550-600 grams, depending on mixture and temperature.

So if we now convert to liters, the article would say current price around 10-11 Baht/liter and floated price around 27-28 Baht liter. Which makes a bit more sense!

yes thats right. Yesterday the rama 9 lpg station was closed at night ..usually i feel up from there every time...then headed towards rca side for fill up and that was closed to due to less supply. then they told me the only station is open on petchbury road. well, i went there, long queue. But they did a favor to me as i was the only private car rest were taxi and i could fill quick. Charged me 11.25 baht / litre but i'm glad that i go lpg.

i sense a serious shortage of gas in the coming months.

however, i thought i just heard from the radio that they are going to setup LPG price for vehicle to 18 baht per / litre active from next month. Not confirmed.

yes thats right. Yesterday the rama 9 lpg station was closed at night ..usually i feel up from there every time...then headed towards rca side for fill up and that was closed to due to less supply. then they told me the only station is open on petchbury road. well, i went there, long queue. But they did a favor to me as i was the only private car rest were taxi and i could fill quick. Charged me 11.25 baht / litre but i'm glad that i go lpg.

i sense a serious shortage of gas in the coming months.

however, i thought i just heard from the radio that they are going to setup LPG price for vehicle to 18 baht per / litre active from next month. Not confirmed.

I filled up on Nuan Chan road today at noon, queued up for about 20 minutes to get my load,

price was 11.90.

Station operated by V2 Gas, one of their own tankers pulled in while I was waiting.

Overall it was a bit of a chaos, cars coming in from both directions, jumping the queue etc.

Tank wards where trying to regulate traffic.... But got my gas after all, and the usual looks;

Farang filling up LPG.

after taking gas from the petchbury lpg station, having some problem with my car. while driving today i heard a crank noise coming from the lpg motor up in front. Even though the car moves alright, but that noise from the lpg motor keeps coming. however it is not affecting the performance of the car. But is quite loud.

I quickly changed to oil and the noise was no more. i'm now scared to drive on lpg.

While taking gas, i noticed the "gas man" mistakenly switching the red tape at the cylinder. he should switch the green one.

is that could be the reason for the cranky sound?

please help..

after taking gas from the petchbury lpg station, having some problem with my car. while driving today i heard a crank noise coming from the lpg motor up in front. Even though the car moves alright, but that noise from the lpg motor keeps coming. however it is not affecting the performance of the car. But is quite loud.

I quickly changed to oil and the noise was no more. i'm now scared to drive on lpg.

While taking gas, i noticed the "gas man" mistakenly switching the red tape at the cylinder. he should switch the green one.

is that could be the reason for the cranky sound?

please help..

Engines defenitifely get damaged if you run on LPG. They run for a while but after two year you'll have damaged valves and cylinder head have to be done. I saw it many times in my workshop. You can save up your engine life if u drive sometime on benzine. let'z say 2 LPG Thank and one Benzine Thank. I would recommend to anyone do not fit LPG conversation. NGV should be no problem.

Always keep in mind that "the powers to be" in this country have their hidden agenda, propagating NGV

to whatever cost, when this includes faking up the price of other fuel products, they do not care.

ues used in shopping malls like 10~50% discount (after they raised the prices of those products to compensate for it)

where did you get this information from ? Its complete BS to me. PTT is losing millions of baht daily in selling NGV. Mostly cause of the expensive logistics involved in NGV. NGV trucks have to be parked in serving NGV. some stations have 2 trucks, some a allocated only one. Why? cause its costly. To some extent, yes PTT SHOULD be doing more in opening up more stations and allocating more NGV trucks for dispensing NGV. NGV stations and trucks are supposed to double up by the end of the year though.

The only reason why the government is emphasising more on NGV is to ease the burden on imports of LPG and petrol. I am an NGV user and a happy one. Forget LPG guys, go for NGV. Natural gas is abundant. Its the way to go for the future.

TB..

ues used in shopping malls like 10~50% discount (after they raised the prices of those products to compensate for it)

where did you get this information from ? Its complete BS to me. PTT is losing millions of baht daily in selling NGV.

TB..

Shall we try to keep things in context, PTT may be losing millions per day with their NGV program, but still reaping in enough profits from their other products. It is merely reducing their overall gain.

And if we would continue in this context.... soon PTT/Govt. will then also have to cut away the subsidies on NGV due to the huge losses and you will be paying the same extra as well...

I do not dispute that NGV is probably the future, but it still has a long way to go before being mature.

SM...

where did you get this information from ? Its complete BS to me. PTT is losing millions of baht daily in selling NGV.

TB..

Shall we try to keep things in context, PTT may be losing millions per day with their NGV program, but still reaping in enough profits from their other products. It is merely reducing their overall gain.

And if we would continue in this context.... soon PTT/Govt. will then also have to cut away the subsidies on NGV due to the huge losses and you will be paying the same extra as well...

I do not dispute that NGV is probably the future, but it still has a long way to go before being mature.

SM...

Never knew the govt was subsidising NGV or any part of it. Are they? I seriously doubt if they are. Otherwise there would be big "huu haa" about it. PTT was giving rebates on the installation of NGV kits. I don;t know if they still are or not but I got 5,000 rebate when I installed mine.

PTT is losing millions per day on selling NGV. It has nothing to do with them profiting from other products so I am still keeping it in context. What I am trying to point out is that your statement:

does not hold any ground and is not true. They have nothing to gain from propagating NGV by faking up the prices of other fuels. Market prices determine prices of fuel unless they are subsidised by the govt or any other entity.

TB..

edit: Just to add that If you see the queue's at times at NGV fueling stations, you would consider it being pretty mature enough. !

Edited by tigerbeer

well, Stingray, LPG damaging engines.... mmm, lets see, lpg is used in cars for decades in north europe countries. How do they cope with that?

Edited by tracker

And if you think LPG in Thailand is not "subsidized" you are crazy.

Uncle Joe Stalin can do whatever he likes. Try & trace where VAT money goes. Or the 7 billion per day from the first stage expressway.

Uncle Jope Stalin sets the price of a taxi ride & he sets the price of LPG.

Tried to fill her up at my local lpg station (thinking that all would be ok after sunday.... !@&^@!! closed/empty again!!! Driven to another one, closeby...also closed!

This is not over folks! This is now wednesday.

Anyway, I'm living in the phutthamonthon area west of bangkok, Any stations in bkk dry?

well, Stingray, LPG damaging engines.... mmm, lets see, lpg is used in cars for decades in north europe countries. How do they cope with that?

I wonder how many people using LPG take the trouble to monitor the T2 (2 stroke oil ) lubrication system that is fitted on some or maybe all conversions.

I check my bottle reservoir every few days and always carry a spare T2 bottle under the hood (bonnet).

I imagine many people forget to use this system and as I am no expert on fuels (or fools) I will leave it to someone more knowledgeable to comment. Without the lubrication, I understand there is possible valve and other related damage?

I believe it is something to do with petrol containing oil and LPG being 'dry'?

Edited by ratcatcher