Suvarnabhumi Airport You Owe Me £250

Suvarnabhumi Airport YOU owe me £250

Yes I was charged overbaggage with my credit card at the airport and I did not want to pay £250 for some tshirts and other stuff so I eft them gave them to airport staff so with my card already charged after weighing again my flight was due and I did not have time to go get a refund at the desk. So I asked my credit card co to get the money back and you know how helpful they are (not) they said tey could not get the money back.

So I tried gettin gemail of the airport to tell them to refund my money and guess what I could only find England email but hey did they reply to me? NO

I am MORE than fuming that the airport has NOT even tried to refund m money to my card.

Anyone know how I can get word to get my refund??

Thanks

So you paid for some T shirts as excess baggage to "flights are Uz" and instead of asking them to put them on board the budgie you gave them away (as presents) to all the poor local characters who were hanging about at Suwanna.....nice charity gesture....

but....

now you want your money back?....maybe missed sumit "ere......

You Can get money back from the Credid Card Co.

For goods or services not recived.

You must write to them, and state that you hold them Jointly Resposible

As a provider of sevices to yourself thay are.

I recived A refund from Credit Card Co For A train journey (Train never came)

But had to put it in writing, and it took a while but it came back as a credit

If you are a good customer they wont want to lose you

I have successfully gotten refunds from my credit cards over the years here in the USA. Each time the credit card company did make efforts to phone and write the vendor I had problems with. Usually, the vendor did not reply or contest my complaint and in each of those cases I got my refund. One fairly large refund was several hundred dollars involving a scam at a hotel. I got tossed out yet still got charged for the week! The young kid manager and I just did not get along. No problem. He called the police and they worked their scam. I left the hotel, and immediately wrote and emailed and phoned my credit card compnay. No doubt when the letter from the credit card company got to that hotel, the kid never showed that to the manager! I got my refund.

Never had any overseas deals though. I have made it a mandate to not use my credit card overseas unless absolutely necessary. I have always had one simple carry-on and not had any luggage issues. But, I would imagine the credit card company complaint will work the same. Send them a complaint with all the information you can. I am pretty sure they will give up trying to get information or a cogent response from Thailand.

"£250 for some tshirts and other stuff" ? :o

Wow. Must have been a lot of t-shirts. Last time I had overweight baggage, I was charged (by Thai Air) 400 baht per kilo. As I was 30 kilos overweight, that came to 12,000 baht (about £180 at current rates).

So, going by today's exchange and Thai Air's rates, you were about 40 kilos overweight.

Standard baggage allowances have been in effect for years. The amount you are allowed to take with you (free) is on the ticket. Most of the airlines I know allow 20 kgs per pax (in Economy).

So if you weren't willing to pay the overweight charges, why did you take 60 kgs of luggage with you to the airport ?

Now let's see if I got this right. You went to the check-in counter. You were considerably over-weight. They charged you £250 for the excess, which you paid.

You then took back you luggage from the check-in, removed the excess items and gave them away. Then checked your bags back in (again), presumably within the allowable weight limit, and asked for a refund ?

But you flight was due, so you didn't have time to persue the matter (how long before the flight did you arrive at the airport ?).

As SBK pointed out, your gripe is most likely with the carrier, not the airport. The charge on your c/c should show that. That's probably why they (the airport staff) haven't responded.

Something doesn't add up here...................23rd June you posted that you went back to the UK in January..........and your posting now about this?

Not to mention the scenario in general.........

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Deep-Depress...me-t196090.html

:D

Edit.........the link might provide an insight into this post :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

You Can get money back from the Credid Card Co.

For goods or services not recived.

You must write to them, and state that you hold them Jointly Resposible

As a provider of sevices to yourself thay are.

I recived A refund from Credit Card Co For A train journey (Train never came)

But had to put it in writing, and it took a while but it came back as a credit

If you are a good customer they wont want to lose you

Nah they're not bothered I told them condinuously I want my money back they just gave some excuse the could not get it back

Cahoot that is

Something doesn't add up here...................23rd June you posted that you went back to the UK in January..........and your posting now about this?

Not to mention the scenario in general.........

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Deep-Depress...me-t196090.html

:D

Edit.........the link might provide an insight into this post :o

Yeah I went back to UK in January and had absolute depression ever since desperate to get back but alas no money

I onloy posted now because just remembered it when saw the airport main thread

Edited by whitethai

Wow. Must have been a lot of t-shirts. Last time I had overweight baggage, I was charged (by Thai Air) 400 baht per kilo. As I was 30 kilos overweight, that came to 12,000 baht (about £180 at current rates).

So, going by today's exchange and Thai Air's rates, you were about 40 kilos overweight.

Standard baggage allowances have been in effect for years. The amount you are allowed to take with you (free) is on the ticket. Most of the airlines I know allow 20 kgs per pax (in Economy).

So if you weren't willing to pay the overweight charges, why did you take 60 kgs of luggage with you to the airport ?

Now let's see if I got this right. You went to the check-in counter. You were considerably over-weight. They charged you £250 for the excess, which you paid.

You then took back you luggage from the check-in, removed the excess items and gave them away. Then checked your bags back in (again), presumably within the allowable weight limit, and asked for a refund ?

But you flight was due, so you didn't have time to persue the matter (how long before the flight did you arrive at the airport ?).

As SBK pointed out, your gripe is most likely with the carrier, not the airport. The charge on your c/c should show that. That's probably why they (the airport staff) haven't responded.

All very helpful advice, but let's face it . . . from both his actions and his post, I'd suggest there's a couple of sandwiches short in this picnic hamper, so I don't think he can be helped.

Because as this is really my firs flight I knew nothing about overbaggage charges and so after six months in Thailand accumulated quite a lot of stuff from Mike sopping mall etc

Because as this is really my firs flight I knew nothing about overbaggage charges and so after six months in Thailand accumulated quite a lot of stuff from Mike sopping mall etc

Okay, but this still doesn't explain why you paid for the overweight and then gave the stuff away. If you suddenly realised you were being stuffed, and overweight charges do just that, why didn't you go back to the counter and cancel your cc transaction and then give the gear away. If then you found they couldn't cancel it you may as well take the stuff as you had paid anyhow.

Suvarnabhumi Airport YOU owe me £250

Yes I was charged overbaggage with my credit card at the airport and I did not want to pay £250 for some tshirts and other stuff so I eft them gave them to airport staff so with my card already charged after weighing again my flight was due and I did not have time to go get a refund at the desk. So I asked my credit card co to get the money back and you know how helpful they are (not) they said tey could not get the money back.

So I tried gettin gemail of the airport to tell them to refund my money and guess what I could only find England email but hey did they reply to me? NO

I am MORE than fuming that the airport has NOT even tried to refund m money to my card.

Anyone know how I can get word to get my refund??

Thanks

hmmmm and i thought i was weird asking for a kosha meal...haha.

I wonder how did you manage to get these extremely low overweight-luggage-rates.

the valid IATA rate for 1 Kg extra luggage is actually 1% of the published fare.

that means, 1 Kg on an intercontinental flight will be 30-40 € each.

I wonder how did you manage to get these extremely low overweight-luggage-rates.

the valid IATA rate for 1 Kg extra luggage is actually 1% of the published fare.

that means, 1 Kg on an intercontinental flight will be 30-40 € each.

Ahhh, not quite. Here is a quote from the IATA website:

"Please note that the maximum weight limit relates only to single items and does not affect the baggage allowance or excess baggage charges, which is set by individual airlines."

What you need to know about checked and cabin luggage (IATA.org)

There was an article on another site where someone noted the wildy different charges that various airlines charge. They too thought it was an established rate, but one has to rmember that while IATA makes various rules and regulations for the airline industry, they can not actually set prices.

Yeah it was Thai airways

Get a ROP card - that will give you an extra 10kg at the basic membership level.

But if you need help planning and packing your bags I think such a task might be beyond you.

Exess Baggage I have recently moved to Thailand permanently with a retirement visa. My exess baggaage from Heathrow to Bankok was charged at 33 GBP a kilo and they only charged 50% of my overwieght this came to 828 GBP with EVA so 250 GBP not to bad pity you gave the shirts away you would have made a profit in the UK I know a guy who comes here 2 or 3 times a year and pays for his ticket with the proceeds of shirts he buys in Mikes Shopping Mall.

Don't think you will have much luck with a refund. :o

Exess Baggage I have recently moved to Thailand permanently with a retirement visa. My exess baggaage from Heathrow to Bankok was charged at 33 GBP a kilo and they only charged 50% of my overwieght this came to 828 GBP with EVA so 250 GBP not to bad pity you gave the shirts away you would have made a profit in the UK I know a guy who comes here 2 or 3 times a year and pays for his ticket with the proceeds of shirts he buys in Mikes Shopping Mall.

Wow sounds I got off lightly

How does he sell the shirts? Car boots?? etc

Ta for the T shirts

Cannot decide whetther to wear one each day Mon Fri obviously Sat is Yellow Polo Day and Sundays we stay in bed

or give to all those impoverished gentleman with empty taxis and limos lurking in the lobby please advise.

Chok Dee you could have bought a hotel on Mayfair or a couple of meals at Heathrow with wedge!

£33 per kilo is reasonable.

Just flew in today from UK. At departure wife decided to try the old "Oh, do we have too much stuff, so sorry Sir but could you let us just go this time please Sir?". They had none of it. There's four of us one is infant so at Emirates our allowance is 20kg X 3 + 10kg X 1 = 70kg. We had 90kg and they told us to pay £900 for the 20kg access! We dumped one bag (full of car boot sale 50p toys etc. junk) in the short time luggage place, aka Lost and Found, and asked a friend to pick it up later and checked in the excact 70kg only.

In BKK we have had often too much luggage but wife has almost always talked us away with it for free but once a while we had to pay like thousand baht or something. OP: It pays to marry a Thai, see?

Anyway I'm still curious to know why the OP paid the fee and then "gave the contents away"?

On a number of occasions I was charged wrong amounts and then was promised to be refunded. It took on average 3 months to see the money appear in my account.

Problem is in this case, he was charged the correct amount, then gave away the excess weight, then apparently didn't have time to have the transaction cancelled.

(Still can't quite figure that one out. Luggage checked in, weighed, excess weight is charged and paid for. Luggage is taken back, extra items given away, bags checked back in again, presumably within the allowable limit, but no time to have the original charges cancelled. Then, almost 6 months later, decides it's the airports fault (not the airline that charged him for the excess baggage).

On a number of occasions I was charged wrong amounts and then was promised to be refunded. It took on average 3 months to see the money appear in my account.

Problem is in this case, he was charged the correct amount, then gave away the excess weight, then apparently didn't have time to have the transaction cancelled.

(Still can't quite figure that one out. Luggage checked in, weighed, excess weight is charged and paid for. Luggage is taken back, extra items given away, bags checked back in again, presumably within the allowable limit, but no time to have the original charges cancelled. Then, almost 6 months later, decides it's the airports fault (not the airline that charged him for the excess baggage).

But hey Kerryd, aren't you letting the facts get in the way of a good story :o ?

But hey Kerryd, aren't you letting the facts get in the way of a good story :D ?

Oops, you're right. Silly me. :D

Remind me when I fly out of here in 3 weeks, to check my bags, baggage allowances and bank accounts, to make sure I'm not going to end up paying for extra weight and then giving it away !

Actually, travelling business class all the way and I'll only be taking a carry-on, so I may be safe (for now). :o