Wanted: 2nd Hand Home Excercise Machine

jaideeguy

I'm in need of a 2nd hand home excercise machine and thinking that there must be someone out there in CM with one just laying around and not being used and taking up valuable space. If you have one for sale at a reasonable price, send me a PM with details...brand, condition, cost [new] and price [2nd hand].........and your phone contact. have truck/will pick up.

Thanks for the tip on the ad. I did contact the guy and looked at the foto on the ad and it doesn't seem like the simple treadmill that I was looking for. It's for an old man [my 89 yr old father here], who is lacking in balance and I think he needs one with more handrail support. Just a simple non motorised treadmill.

This might be a crazy suggestion..but at my apartment complex there are 3 treadmills (motorised), BUT, 2 of them kept breaking down and now have been out of action for God only knows how long. I am pretty sure you can still walk on them even though they are not working and they do have handrails. Im just thinking maybe they would be happy to get rid of one, even if it means you paying a small price (of course im not sure though). if If you are interested in the idea i can do a test walk on them and let you know, then pm you the addy/office number etc.

Would it be feasible to instead hire someone to help take your Dad for a walk around the neighbourhood or in a park every day ?

If I make it to 89, I think I'll excuse myself from the tedium of exercise machines.

Just my thoughts :o .

SJM, thanks for the tip on rentals....it would be a good idea if he could try before we buy.

As to taking him for a daily walk, i have been joining him for his daily walks for the last month and even if i am with him, less than a meter away, he can fall so easily just stumbling on a pebble or twig and go down quicker than i could catch him. His balance is really off and lacks muscle strength as well....and add his condition, osteoporosis where his old bones are easily broken, I would feel safer with him at home on a stable treadmill.

To help with stability in his outdoor excursions, you could get him a "walker". The psychological aspect of getting outside is a very important one for the elderly.

For indoors, would a stationary bicycle (the recumbent type) not be safer than a treadmill ?

I got one,bought it new for my wife,but she rather use it as a clothe hanger...it is a "Gym Master" from Carrefour,price new 3K+ baht,will sell for 1500 baht.Call me if you want it 084 611 5717.

Regards