Need Help On This One, Guys. What Visa Can I Get!

Hi All

I need some urgent help!

I have been made redundant as of today by my company but they have not as yet canceled the Work Permit until I work out the best thing to do.

I am married to a Thai girl and we have 3 kids in school here, etc. I need to make sure that I have a suitable visa that cannot cause any hassles for me at all, while I job search in the Thailand /SEA region.

I don't think I can get a Non-Imm "O" visa (Marriage visa) as my wife is not working and I (as of today) can obviously not continue to show an income of 40k per month (even though the ridiculous thing is that I am receivng a 9 month redundancy payout!!

I cannot get the normal tourist visa (unless you guys can tell me something different) as I need to be able to stay here more than 90 days in any 180 day period. I can't stay away from the family for 3 months!!

Therefore, what do I do? Is there a straightforward way round either tourist visa and staying more than 90 days in any 180 days, or is there a way round the Marriage Visa proof of income problem?

I have heard that the other option is the 1 year Multiple Entry Visa. Is that my best bet?

I would really appreciate your help, because the stress of losing the job is bad enough but having a visa problem and cannot being here for the wife and kids is even more frightening!

1. You can always obtain a non immigrant O visa with copy of marriage certificate and wife ID card at a Consulate such as Kuala Lumpur. You can probably obtain a multi entry valid for one year of 90 day stays (you can immediately return) - especially if you can present some kind of bank account which seems possible for you. This is the best visa as you can also obtain work permit and work using it if you find new employment inside Thailand.

2. Tourist visas allow 60 day stay that can be extend for another 30 days. You can continue to do this for the foreseeable future if you want as there is no requirement to stay of of Thailand for any period. You are thinking of the visa exempt 30 day stamp where it was limited to 90 days in a six month period. Even that restriction seems to have been relaxed recently but no firm word on it.

3. What you presently can not obtain is a one year extension of stay from Immigration for family reasons as that requires proof of 40k per month family income. Unless the wife can make (back) tax payments on that amount?

1. You can always obtain a non immigrant O visa with copy of marriage certificate and wife ID card at a Consulate such as Kuala Lumpur. You can probably obtain a multi entry valid for one year of 90 day stays (you can immediately return) - especially if you can present some kind of bank account which seems possible for you. This is the best visa as you can also obtain work permit and work using it if you find new employment inside Thailand.

2. Tourist visas allow 60 day stay that can be extend for another 30 days. You can continue to do this for the foreseeable future if you want as there is no requirement to stay of of Thailand for any period. You are thinking of the visa exempt 30 day stamp where it was limited to 90 days in a six month period. Even that restriction seems to have been relaxed recently but no firm word on it.

3. What you presently can not obtain is a one year extension of stay from Immigration for family reasons as that requires proof of 40k per month family income. Unless the wife can make (back) tax payments on that amount?

Dear Lopburi 3

Thanks for the very quick feedback. Are youu saying that for a non immigrant O visa with copy of marriage certificate and wife ID card at a Consulate such as Kuala Lumur, I do not need too show proof of 40k income? If s, I think this has to be the ebst option for me, but the reason I am questioning is that when I spoke to Siam Legal (unless I misunderstood) they said I needed to show proof of income. I have 1m baht plus in a Thai Bank account and have Marriage Cetificate, etc.

Can you help clarify?

The Non O Multy Entry would give you up to 15 months. As Lopburi said you would need to pop over the border and come straight back again every 90 days.

Stay away from Visa agent/ companys.

Take your bankbook with you plus a bank letter stating your balance and you will have no problem obtaining a Non O Multi Entry

Edited by Lite Beer

The Non O Multy Entry would give you up to 15 months. As Lopburi said you would need to pop over the border and come straight back again every 90 days.

Take your bankbook with you plus a bank letter stating your balance and you will have no problem obtaining a Non O Multi Entry

Thanks Lite Beer

Next (and hopefully last questions).

1. Is it the safest bet to do this in Kulal Lumpur (non - 0 Multi Entry)?
  2. The reason I ask is that I have to go to USA in 3 weeks time. Should I do it in KL or in USA? Any tips on the "safest bet"?
  3. If I do it in USA, any idea what city I have to go to? I wil lbe in LA, but have no idea whether that is possible there or not.

Thanks Lite Beer

Next (and hopefully last questions).

1. Is it the safest bet to do this in Kulal Lumpur (non - 0 Multi Entry)?
  2. The reason I ask is that I have to go to USA in 3 weeks time. Should I do it in KL or in USA? Any tips on the "safest bet"?
  3. If I do it in USA, any idea what city I have to go to? I wil lbe in LA, but have no idea whether that is possible there or not.

E Mail or ring them.

http://www.thai-la.net/visa/visa-non-im-o.htm

Edited by Lite Beer

LA is not friendly for multi entry visa issue. Try Huston or Portland or other honorary Consulate (other than Denver). I would have wife sign/date copies of her ID card/marriage certificate and always good to have a short note from wife asking for the visa to be issued (this helps they weed out those who married for visa years ago and have no contact with wife presently). Birth certificate copies of children also helpful. Almost all Consulates will issue a single entry non immigrant O visa if you have to accept that but don't believe you will have much trouble finding a multi entry.