How To Befriend Older Thai Middle Class Woman

I do not know which forum this post belongs in.

I am a white male falang interested in an older thai woman, from a property-owning family.

she would be called respectable in contrast to a bar girl, although a bar girl would deserve as much respect in my opinion.

she is unmarried and works at the family guest house.

I am wondering how one proceeds with a relationship.

Should I only visit her at her guest house, or should I ask her if she wants to go to another location, like a cafe? I am worried a middle class thai woman will not want to be seen in public with a foreigner who has no connections in the city.

When if ever would it be appropriate to invite her to my room?

I would appreciate any tips.

Edited by GeneralFritzPlugmaster

You could do as britmav suggests, or if you prefer an indirect approach you could ask her what places would be interesting to visit locally. You could then ask her if she would like to be your guest going to go there. If she declines, dont lose heart, just keep popping in and have nice chats with her to get an idea of her interests and to see if you share some common ones. If she feels comfortable around you she is more likely to say yes to going out somewhere with you the next time you ask. If she continuously declines then you will know she is not interested and neither of you need to be embarressed.

"When if ever would it be appropriate to invite her to my room?"... I would say, not for some time..after you have been out in each others company several times and after its clear she is interested in you intimately.

I am a white male falang interested in an older thai woman, from a property-owning family.

she would be called respectable in contrast to a bar girl, although a bar girl would deserve as much respect in my opinion.

Should I only visit her at her guest house, or should I ask her if she wants to go to another location, like a cafe? I am worried a middle class thai woman will not want to be seen in public with a foreigner who has no connections in the city.

Send her a (Thai style) Bouquet of flowers, accompanied by a handwritten beautiful invitation card for a dinner, preferably in a better restaurant or restaurant in a 5* hotel.

You might wish to explain that you wouldn't object if she would bring a 'chaperon(e)/friend'.

It will make a good impression, especially if she's from a hi-so family.

Dress in a suit with white shirt and nice tie :o

Good luck

LaoPo

Not much to say cuz I’m not her, except

Generally older middle class thai women also love going to temple and merit making, or even going to fortune tellers (monk, nun?)

Do you like temples?

It’s also might be true that she may not like to be seen walking around with a farang - if she is a consevative. But then again if she’is running a guesthouse she might be more liberal minded by now.

The last thing you want to do is inviting her to your room!

Why would you want her in your room, when there are so many public places outhere, like at the lobby, food market stalls, etc?

Give her some respect, please!

Edited by teacup

Some women will accept the invitation right away no matter where she comes from, it depends on type and character of each woman. I agree with eek's advice to use indirect approach if this woman concerns about her family's reputation. Your approach should be like a friend but gives her some clues of your feeling until she trusts and feels comfortable to go out with you.

Once well-behaved woman or a daughter of well-known family go out with any guy (Thai or Non-Thai), it will be in public eyes and gossip. Whether you have any connection in the city or not, your behavior will be checked if you ever associated with bar girls, etc.

It's not appropriate to invite her to your room until her family and public realize that both of you are dating seriously, not for fun.

Invite her for a cup of coffee and go from there.

Well <deleted> don't tell her that bit otherwise it might break all records for the shortest relationship ever.

you are a real result-oriented planner,aren't you? :D

If there was a ThaiVisa award for cutting through the cr@p, zaza, you'd win it hands down. :o

Generally older middle class thai women also love going to temple and merit making, or even going to fortune tellers (monk, nun?)

Do you like temples?

I think this is a good idea. You could ask her if she's been to a particular temple. If she has then tell her you've heard its beautiful and you'd love to see it, and ask if she'd be kind enough to show it with you as she presumably has a great deal of knowledge about Buddhism and the culture behind it. If she hasn't been before, again ask her if she'd be interested in seeing it with you for the first time. I honestly think this would be the cutest first date, and you could follow the trip to the temple with lunch, dinner, or a snack at a coffee shop.

you are a real result-oriented planner,aren't you? :D

If there was a ThaiVisa award for cutting through the cr@p, zaza, you'd win it hands down. :D

Well ;Sir; :D Thank you :D ; it's my great pleasure to be rewarded with such an honor by you! :D

Donna;honey ;thanks for the trust you put on me :o