Blackberry With No Browser

crabstix

I got myself a blackberry 8700v from ebay. I got it fairly cheap as it did not come with the software disks but came with the chager and sync cable. I also got it unlocked so I can make calls on it in Thailand. The only thing that worries me is that it didnt come with a browser. Do I need to get connected to blackberry ny going to a blackberry shop in order to get the browser? I am in Chiang Rai by the way. Also If I dont connect to blackberry and decide to use it as just a phone with my AIS sim card, can I just use it to check email manually ie without having mail pushed to my phone?

I guess the first logical step is to get a browser on it . Any ideas on how to do that?

Without a blackberry account you will not get a gprs or edge data connection. So no internet or the ability to receive emails. AIS, True and DTAC all offer the blackberry service.....it will cost about 800bht per month but this will also give you 24/7 edge or gprs service as well as the blackberry push email service.

Download the Java browser offered at http://mini.opera.com - best browser for Blackberries at the moment.

As for e-mail, you can configure any POP3 e-mail account, I reckon...Gmail, for example, should work just fine.

Thanks

I installed opera mini and configured it to work with my sim by setting up the APN and username for AIS etc.

I can now check email (manually) The internet works fine

Thanks