Amazon.com's Affiliation With Asia Books

NoSpeakIt

on their website www.asiabooks.com, if you search a title, it will come with an option to order it via amazon. does this mean that you pay at asiabooks and then you go there to pick the book up, or does it mean you pay at asiabooks and then simply wait for Amazon to mail the book to you. With the latter, you do not know if it will ever show up or not, but if the book is mailed to Asiabooks, then you can get a refund if it does not show up.

Anyone have any experience ordering books this way or directly through Amazon.com to Thailand?

Edited by NoSpeakIt

on their website www.asiabooks.com, if you search a title, it will come with an option to order it via amazon. does this mean that you pay at asiabooks and then you go there to pick the book up, or does it mean you pay at asiabooks and then simply wait for Amazon to mail the book to you. With the latter, you do not know if it will ever show up or not, but if the book is mailed to Asiabooks, then you can get a refund if it does not show up.

Anyone have any experience ordering books this way or directly through Amazon.com to Thailand?

Don't know, so how about you emailing them and ask, then post the answer here.

information (at) asiabooks.com

Mac

i would be very interested in knowing the answer to this.

I come back from each US trip with 15 or 20 books, and I would love to be able to pick up my Amazon books at Asia Books.

I used to have a Asia Book concession. There can be no doubt they are the worst run company in the world.

Their salesperson (changed every month) would come to take order which I would have prepared already. Wait 2 weeks and 100 books would turn up. None of which I had ordered. This happened every time. Also tried to get books from Amazon through them as per their website. Salesperson would just sit there slackjawed. No idea.

Head office and accounts were even more clueless.

Save yourelves frustration and order direct from Amazon.com. A real company.

Or some good used bookshops in Bangkok like Shaman and Aphoria.

• 1 year later...

Use Amazon for finding best price. I buy from Amazon re-sellers all the time. I haven't had any more (or less) problems with them than I've had with any other internet vendors.

Recently I came to know that there is a website named AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will "watch" items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price.It got so awesome!

Good luck everybody!

I've bought numerous books in the past through Amazon and never had a problem, although the postage can be a bit pricey at times to Thailand.

Now I just order them through Kinokuniya, normally the same price as Amazon but without the postage, just need to pop into my nearset store to pick them up. They have most of what Amazon offer aswell.

I've never been a fan of Asia Books either, a nightmare to order anything through them. I just gave up when I last tried. Whereas Kinokuniya, it couldn't be easier.

Do try Dasa/ Shaman/ Aphoria first though!

I've bought numerous books in the past through Amazon and never had a problem, although the postage can be a bit pricey at times to Thailand.

Now I just order them through Kinokuniya, normally the same price as Amazon but without the postage, just need to pop into my nearset store to pick them up. They have most of what Amazon offer aswell.

I've never been a fan of Asia Books either, a nightmare to order anything through them. I just gave up when I last tried. Whereas Kinokuniya, it couldn't be easier.

Do try Dasa/ Shaman/ Aphoria first though!

Agree entirely

Have had unusual stuff from Amazonuk sent here no problems

Kinokuniya post to me free providrd prepay and over 3000baht order

Sent by courier and I collect from bus company who send a messagenger or call excellent service