Who Are " They " ?

When oil goes up there are mysterious people behind the rise , hedge funds or ?, when Gold goes down it is the central banks , cartels or others who have an interest in keeping the price down- So you have " bear attacks " ! are these people real or is it just the imagination of others who cannot explain the sudden rise or fall of particular stocks , oil or gold ?

I don't believe it - but are there groups of people , governments ? trying to control world prices and markets ? If so they will surely fail .

"I don't believe it - but are there groups of people , governments ? trying to control world prices and markets ? If so they will surely fail . "

Twenty or so years ago, the Hunt brothers decided to corner the silver market...and that's how the Hunt family lost several billion dollars.

in the end f the 90s it was the internet and the dot com bubble.

for the past 8 years its been the Sub prime bubble

and now its the commodities bubble.

huge funds, hedge funds, private funds and so forth have one goal and that is to make as much money as soon as possible.

there is a huge amount of wealth and cash looking for high return investment and this causes very speculative investments.

now the trend is commodities and huge amounts of fundings are poured to take position on the commodities market.

Generally speaking, THEY are middlemen and Market Makers. What may be a investment to you is simply "inventory" to them. They are paid by simply being exposed to your money and turning it over. When it gets too hard to do it in one direction, they take it in the other direction and start the cycle all over again.

And how do they make those decisions - it seems many are based on charts , For instance gold at the momment has a resistance point at 930 according to chartists , and so it seems when gold tests this level there are buy orders ? so it is more difficult to go down . Why 930 ?? I haven't a clue , but presumably based on past performance and future projections .

So should we base our investments on charts rather than sense .

And how do they make those decisions - it seems many are based on charts , For instance gold at the momment has a resistance point at 930 according to chartists , and so it seems when gold tests this level there are buy sell orders ? so it is more difficult to go down up . Why 930 ?? I haven't a clue , but presumably based on past performance correct and future projections .

So should we base our investments on charts mostly yes rather than sense almost never .

post-25601-1215169498_thumb.png

Yes should have said 'Support '920 'resistence '950'

http://www.jsmineset.com/cwsimages/Miscfil...ld1230pmCDT.pdf

Do yourself a favor and forget you ever heard of Jim Sinclair. Purge his website from your favorites. If you look at the chart I posted it's not too difficult to see where support is. It's the blue line. Not saying it will hold next visit however.

When oil goes up there are mysterious people behind the rise , hedge funds or ?, when Gold goes down it is the central banks , cartels or others who have an interest in keeping the price down- So you have " bear attacks " ! are these people real or is it just the imagination of others who cannot explain the sudden rise or fall of particular stocks , oil or gold ?

I don't believe it - but are there groups of people , governments ? trying to control world prices and markets ? If so they will surely fail .

:o

If you don't know who "they" are...you'll never be one.

At one time there was a bank in Paris, France. On occasion you would see them mentioned as the sponsor(i.e. offering) of certain Initial Public Offerings of new stocks appearing on the stock market. The IPO was always "fully subscribed. This notice appears for announcement purposes only". No one ever had an actual bank account in that bank, it was only a "market investment bank". It may have been Bank Paribas, but I'm not sure if that was the correct name or not.

If you were in Dubai, Riyadh, Jeddah, or other Middle Eastern cities of that ilk, you woild see nice offices of companies known as "Al-(whatever) Occidental Funds Management Group" or some such name. What do they do? What do they market? You'll never know. They are the kind of firms that own other firms, who in turn other firms, and so on. They will describe themselves as "a loosely affiliated group of like minded businesses investing in growth opportunities around the world. What does that buzz talk mean? I have no idea. But they have billions of dollars (even hundreds of billions) to invest.

By the way, oil prices are rising rapidly. Some people say it is due to commodity speculators on the oilf futures markets. One of the rumored type of speculator is large pension or state retirement pension funds.

Of sourse, you wouldn't be able to do it (you're not approved) but if you had several hunded million to invest as speculation in oil futures, you would have to meet the margin requirement. For such wealthy approved investors the margin is less than 10 percent. Pretty good profit it you bought oil futures when they went thru 100 dollars a barrel, and it is now at 145 dollars a barrel.

Oh well, O.k., I'll get off my rant. But just like I said, if you don't know who the controllers are, you're not going to be invited to join them. Never.

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Have you ever heard of "Peak oil" maybe if you know what that means you will understand the answer to your question!!

in the end f the 90s it was the internet and the dot com bubble.

for the past 8 years its been the Sub prime bubble

and now its the commodities bubble.

huge funds, hedge funds, private funds and so forth have one goal and that is to make as much money as soon as possible.

there is a huge amount of wealth and cash looking for high return investment and this causes very speculative investments.

now the trend is commodities and huge amounts of fundings are poured to take position on the commodities market.

That's about the size of it:

MichaelMasters_1_.pdf