Shipping

mgs

hi

I am shipping a box of stuff from the UK and won't be in Bangkok. Have been told by shipping company that I will need to go to Bangkok to clear it even though it is getting delivered to Phuket. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

hi

I am shipping a box of stuff from the UK and won't be in Bangkok. Have been told by shipping company that I will need to go to Bangkok to clear it even though it is getting delivered to Phuket. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!

What sort of "stuff" ?

Anything handled with Thai Post is going to be delivered at Customs Phuket or when the value of the parcel is low is delivered at your door, but the weight limit for postal services is 20 kg.

Some shipping companies can clear the parcel for you, like UPS and they charge a lot for this service, now if the package is send to Phuket, you should be enable to clear it with an agent here at Phuket.

How much are you budgeting on taxes !!!

Once stuff falls into customs hands they just ransom it back to you.. Hence why you should try to use a shipper that has a fixed price customs clearance deal based on the packing list who have thier own clearance contact (bribe)...

Sounds like your not using a full service agent and they expect you to handle the bribery and hassle !!

For 30kg of stuff I would have just paid excess baggage, may have even made sense to biz class ticket and get the nice flight too !!

Edited by LivinLOS

I'm having a pup shipped from Europe in two weeks and I'm sure hoping to clear customs here in Phuket.  I spoke to the guy at Phuket dog school and he said to just give customs some forms and a name, so it sounds like it is possible, although I don't know for sure.  Any recommendations or info on getting this cleared here and not in BKK?