Logo Design N Graphic Designer

realthaideal

My friend n I are rolling along with our new company and need to get the website up n running. We also plan some other advertising media like leaflets n trifolds. For all of this we have to get our logo nailed down. We are into doing the job right and professionally.

Of course budget is a concern, but we pay for work well done. We know what we want, but need guiding eyes and input from a professional who understands our thinking to make it happen. Please let us know if any of you out there either do this yourselves, or have worked successfully with someone here who can help us make things happen. We're in Chiang Mai, and working with someone local may be the best thing – either Farang or Thai designers are cool by us. Feel free to reply or PM me with your recommendations.

The more direction you can provide the the designer the better, so that they can have a clear picture of the style of logo you want to achieve. Beware of designers which only offer one revision to the initial design. This is a trap which many people fall into. It's best to provide as much detail as possible from the outset, and make sure your designer is willing to accommodate a reasonable round of revisions to fine-tweak the logo to how you want it.

You need to also consider the colours required. Logos in full colour (CMYK) will cost more to print if you use off-set printing. If you plan a large amount of off-set printing using the logo, it would be best to use a limited number of colours, say, two or three, and make these pantone colours. Printing in pantone is cheaper as only the pantone colours need to be loaded into the press. Of course, for use on the web, or printing via digital means, using full colour is not an issue.

I recommend you also obtain your logo in its original vector form, such as AI or PDF format. The vector format has advantages over raster based files including better scalability (your logo can be resized without any quality loss), and portability (logo is compatible with Macs/PC's or Linux machines). Many designers try not to provide the original vector files so that you have to go back to them if you need another format (and hence charge you more).

In addition to having the original vector files, you can have them made raster riles at 300 dpi (print ready), such as TIF or PNG. GIF and JPG formats are widely used for the web.

Make sure you get the original vector files which allows you to easily obtain the above formats.

Edited by youngkiwi