Looking For Some Oral Ivermectin

mangotogo, in israel we use the injectable as oral, just up the dose for goats , also depending if its for maintanence or for a sick goat; sheep are slightly different, i can ask my vet (the goat/sheep one) if u want the specific dosages that we use, i cant remember anymore (six months out of the goat/sheep thing) ... we found the spanish brands not so wonderful also...

also, if u are in thailand, go for the better brands (not thai brands) as we had a discussion once about this and i seem to remember that most people felt the thai brands were fairly inaffective... do a search in the farming thing as its been discussed, in the older posts maybe); i seem to recall that some places that sold chicken feed etc had ivomectin (cydomectin noromectin whatever)...

bina

israel

mangotogo, in israel we use the injectable as oral, just up the dose for goats , also depending if its for maintanence or for a sick goat; sheep are slightly different, i can ask my vet (the goat/sheep one) if u want the specific dosages that we use, i cant remember anymore (six months out of the goat/sheep thing) ... we found the spanish brands not so wonderful also...

also, if u are in thailand, go for the better brands (not thai brands) as we had a discussion once about this and i seem to remember that most people felt the thai brands were fairly inaffective... do a search in the farming thing as its been discussed, in the older posts maybe); i seem to recall that some places that sold chicken feed etc had ivomectin (cydomectin noromectin whatever)...

bina

israel

Thanks Bina , I will do that.

mango

justto clarify;

u up the amount of the injectable type:

for a 25+ kilo goat if u were to give her injection of 1.5cc then u would give 2+ cc PO - ... ivomac has a high level of overdosability (need a lot to overdose, especially in goats with their rumens... ) ; on the other hand, cheapskates here buy the oral stuff and use it as injectable... i would never do that... sheep dosage is different... tomorrow i can check with the goat vet (in pm so u will get answer next day)... sometimes we would alternate one dose oral and one dose SQ.

we used injectable given as oral to our donkeys also... just as effective as equvalan gel etc, and cheaper....