Thai Women Urged To Practise Chastisy

george

Senators call on young women to practice chastity

BANGKOK: -- Leading senators today berated a culture of ‘free sex’ among Thailand’s teenagers, launching the formation of a chastity group to encourage young women across the country to remain virgins until married.

Khon Kaen senator Rabiabrat Phongpanich, who heads the Family Happiness and Warmth Promotion Centre, launched the campaign this morning together with senators from Nakhon Sawan and Uttaradit.

With echoes of teenage chastity campaigns in the US, the senators have produced a t-shirts and badges for young people prepared to renounce pre-marital sex.

The products depict an egg yolk surrounded by an egg white and an arrow, suggesting, according to the senators, that sperm is being denied access to the egg.

Describing ‘free sex’ as an extremely serious problem among young people, senator Rabiabrat urged society to take action.

Nakhon Sawan senator Prasit Phithurakitcha, meanwhile, called on young women to hark back to traditional values, rather than blindly following western cultural practices.

Evidence suggested, he said, that couple who engaged in pre-marital sex were more likely to separate.

He also hinted that it was more important for women than for men to preserve their virginity.

--TNA 2004-11-03

Right. And since it is more important for women to observe than men, they will still need a sizeable workforce of poor, uneducated young women to service all those unchaste young men. But alas, this is the Thai way, not the western, so of course it's all right. They have plenty of daughters to sell like the latest crops, so what's the problem?

bunch of mercenary hypocrites preaching to the young about "values". Either they're too busy, too stupid, or just plain too callous to notice the irony.

They own the massage parlours and brothels and need to do something about the loss of income, and they are jealous of the young chaps who, unlike themselves, date young lasses for free.  .

You seriously think an owner of a brothel or massage parlour doesn't get it for free?

They own the massage parlours and brothels and need to do something about the loss of income, and they are jealous of the young chaps who, unlike themselves, date young lasses for free.  .

You seriously think an owner of a brothel or massage parlour doesn't get it for free?

Not with the Thai women outside the prostitution circuit, I'd think the majority of those would prefer 'ordinary' goodlooking chaps with character in their own age group.

Actually, I don't know.

I just made a provocative statement reflecting my (low) opinion of moral crusaders. Not to be mistaken for a factual analysis. Sorry, if this wasn't clear.

They own the massage parlours and brothels and need to do something about the loss of income, and they are jealous of the young chaps who, unlike themselves, date young lasses for free.   .

Not with the Thai women outside the prostitution circuit, I'd think the majority of those would prefer 'ordinary' goodlooking chaps with character in their own age group.

Actually, I don't know.

I just made a provocative statement reflecting my (low) opinion of moral crusaders. Not to be mistaken for a factual analysis. Sorry, if this wasn't clear.

Looking from the girl's point of view you're probably right.

...hark back to traditional values, rather than blindly following western cultural practices.

This is terribly upsetting to me, having flown 24+ hours to get to Thailand when what I search for is right here in my Western homeland. :o

kenk3z

"Thai Women Urged To Practise Chastisy, Culture of ‘free sex’ no good

"

I think, when you get out of Bangkok, you will find that they are still practising "no sex before marriage". I know that most of my wifes friends are virgins and some of them are into their 30's. Obviously I am not talking about the bar scene here.

I like that about this country, in Australia you couldnt find a virgin under 16 years old.

SURE dude.

They are ALL virgins.

Like being economical with the truth isn't a national passtime. :o

There's no drugs, corruption, prostitution, dark influences, and development is finished. No pollution either.

Love this town :D Your never lying...........only 'protecting' people

"

I think, when you get out of Bangkok, you will find that they are still practising "no sex before marriage". I know that most of my wifes friends are virgins and some of them are into their 30's. Obviously I am not talking about the bar scene here.

I like that about this country, in Australia you couldnt find a virgin under 16 years old.

You are right Tornado, that's what I like about Thailand too. There are still millions of 'good girls' unlike so many other countries. And you can almost tell which are the honest ones by the glint in their eye.

Think about it, would you really want to spend the rest of your life (and money) with a woman who's 'been around' knowing that when you are making L to her she could be thinking about the other guys, or her first love ?

I don't live in Thailand and that's why I am not married, there are no good women here ! Nothing but smelly old shoes in this town !

It comes down to one point really, girls who have sex before marriage get <deleted>....

and therefore find it confusing to understand what love is. It jades them, while girls who wait until they are married will be fresh and therefore love will be so much more easy.

Why do you think the divorce rate is so high in the West ?

You are right Tornado, that's what I like about Thailand too. There are still millions of 'good girls' unlike so many other countries. And you can almost tell which are the honest ones by the glint in their eye.

Be a bit of a problem if you are blind... what would you do then? grab them on the box

Think about it, would you really want to spend the rest of your life (and money) with a woman who's 'been around' knowing that when you are making L to her she could be thinking about the other guys, or her first love ?
yes , she could also be thinking that you are a lazy bastard for not painting the ceiling.
I don't live in Thailand and that's why I am not married, there are no good women here ! Nothing but smelly old shoes in this town !

I could manipulate my inate cynicism, and believe that's why you are not married.

It comes down to one point really, girls who have sex before marriage get <deleted>....

and therefore find it confusing to understand what love is. It jades them, while girls who wait until they are married will be fresh and therefore love will be so much more easy.

I believe you and the ministers responsible for this marvelous edict, could have a fine time together , maybe even become lifetime friends.

life is for living, get out and do some.

You are right Tornado, that's what I like about Thailand too. There are still millions

BS. What if women would think the same and men cannot have sex before marriage because it will confuse them.

I still haven't worked out why the idea of teenagers having sex before marriage just for pleasure is a "western" thing.

Surely, they do it everywhere in the world?  This "western values" b*******s drives me mad

It's not a "western" thing. It's only the western moral majority who made an issue out of it after which others jumped on the band wagon.

I just dislike that if thai youngsters are doing something that the elder thais think doesn't fit into "Thai culture" it becomes a an issue about westernisation.

This is the biggest smoke screen ever and a great way of criticising foreigners as the root of all evil.

Thai teenagers were getting it on before Thais even knew there was a world beyond Bangkok, and it has nothing to do with "westernisation".

"

Brittney Spears said she was a virgin when at 16! :o

I think it's very difficult to convince the younger generation to avoid from pre marital sex.Coz the thai guys are super champion in luring the little virgins. :D And usually if a girl has had sex for one time,usually she will not refuse it later anymore.Even If she's broken up with her first love.It will just go on and on.It's not hard to convince a girl to have sex who's not a virgin.What I think is great is to lure the virgins into having sex for the first time.And that's what we expats can't beat thai guys.You all have to admit tht :o