Well he's gone and done it

tictoc

well he's gone and done it now!!, my friend's just returned to Thailand to see his lady, only to be informed of a new arrival to the family . does any forum member know if its possible to have some sort of test , to confirm who is the farther...? and what's involved...?

There is no test to determine the father of a baby. However there is a genetic test which can prove that your friend is not the father of the baby. Genetic material would be needed from the baby, and the consent of the mother. This would then be cross-checked with the D.N.A of your friend.

Genetic testing can be expensive, because it requires high technology and the expertise of Doctors which can charge what they like in the private sector.

Plus, would you believe them?

Yep, DNA test. Don't know if they offer it in LOS, but in Europe and the USA you can get a match done. It can only tell you % chance - i.e. if you are definatly not, this will show easily, otherwise a percentage or chance (90% chance 9 in 9 etc).

Try a Google search, you might be able to send hair samples by post etc.

Incidentally the DNA test either needs permission from the mother or obtained through the judical system, which means employing a very expensive lawyer or waiting a few years for the case to be heard in court.

If your friend is happy with the news and wants to take on the responsibilty of this child wether it be his or not, I take my hat off to the guy and hope he makes a caring and supportive father, you do not need to be the biological father to achieve that.

Well that's my 2 cents worth.

Regards

Sev

:cool:

Totally agree with you Sev, especially if the circumstances for the male are right to take on the responsibility. There's nothing like a kid, and nothing like a daughter (for a father). I know my kid is my own, because of a tiny physical defect, and we have grown up together as happy as any father-daughter could be. But even if by some strange quirk I found out she wasn't mine, I wouldn't blink an eye. And I don't think she would. We're the complete package.

Tictoc -- it might be difficult for your friend, but I'd advise you to tell him to think of the welfare of the kid before anything else. I know that might not be easy -- but I promise you, he'll be rewarded if he decides to take control of the situation. You can still be a brilliant father and a reprobate at the same time.

Cheers.

Dex.

A friend of mine had a similar story with a bar girl.

It seems that he cannot deny the fatherhood because the baby is much alike him, in addition he has already two sons with his thai wife and now take with him also this one.

Anyway of course DNA test can prove it , but also a simple blood group test can help.

For instance if the baby has neither the mother's nor your friend's blood group surely is not your friend's son.

Other cases can be only determined by DNA test.

I anyway agree with Sev, it doesn't seem a good relationship if you must check if a baby is your son. How many do that in Europe?