Thai Drunk Driver Still Get Away With Man Slaughter

Boater

So you've all seen and heard the news about Paris Hilton getting jail sentence for failing to comply with her probation terms and that the original charges were both DUIs. Well done, serves her right.

paris-hilton-drunk-driving.jpg

But look closer to home and I see at least one drunk driver who killed a couple of people when he ran a red light at Teuk Chai intersectionin Bangkok some years. He's still quite a well know model and singer by the name of Dome - Pakornlam.

domeapkornlam.jpg

I remember he got bailed out of jail at the police station almost immediately. A couple of years later he was a Thai nominee for the first MTV Asia Music Award. Now he still gets cover page on magazines from time to time.

I see, is this how we reward irresponsible citizens who took other people's lives? One of the dead was a father.

Sure, we cannot bring back lives. But Dome did not serve a prison term. The community service requirement was not stipulated by the law at the time. Ok, so the court of law was bloody generous with him.

How about the entertainment industry? Don't they have any sense of social responsibility for churning out socially irresponsible artists? A rich kid like Dome won't starve if he cannot find a job.

So long as the music label continue to make money on someone else's tombstone like this and the general public forgets his devious past, the sinner would still get away with murder.

I know a guy that lives near me that is an alcoholic that has maimed about 7 persons and killed about 5 on at least 17 different road accidents while being intoxicated.

He has money so I rest my case.

In my country he is called a serial killer.

LiveSteam

I know a guy that lives near me that is an alcoholic that has maimed about 7 persons and killed about 5 on at least 17 different road accidents while being intoxicated.

He has money so I rest my case.

In my country he is called a serial killer.

LiveSteam

this is quiet shocking :o