Korat Hash House Harriers

Ratsima

Is it really neccessary for people to import public school traditions from the West to Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia etc etc.

How I hate these expats with their stupid drinking games, 'I was at HHH 1906 in Outer-Mongolia' T-shirts, ritualised nicknames and hierarchies.

I thought the whole point of living abroad was to experience a different way of life, culture, people etc.. It seems however there is no escaping them. Why not just go for a f**king run ?

Some people like or feel comfortable bieng a member of a club. Im sure they do no harm and probably do some good.

Personally, I would not wear an un-funny T-shirt,silly branded Biker clothes telling the world I own a ........ ........!

I dont need it but Hey Ho, live and let live

Dave

I'm sorry Mr. Unpronounceable Londoedan. Did I mistakenly tick the "Required Reading" box on this thread? My apologies. You can safely ignore it in the future.

Actually, the Hash originated in KL in about 1937....

As to the "point of living abroad", this really isn't the time or place, is it.

Is it really neccessary for people to import public school traditions from the West to Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia etc etc.

How I hate these expats with their stupid drinking games, 'I was at HHH 1906 in Outer-Mongolia' T-shirts, ritualised nicknames and hierarchies.

I thought the whole point of living abroad was to experience a different way of life, culture, people etc.. It seems however there is no escaping them. Why not just go for a f**king run ?

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

WHAT A LOAD OF RUBBISH

Indeed :o .........

HHH provides a way for people across borders, and from different parts of society to meet, make friends, and have fun :D:D

Expat ghetto for boorish, punning, middle-class, middle-aged, xenophobes frightened of leaving their comfort zone.

Were you describing the Hash or forums like this one?

Expat ghetto for boorish, punning, middle-class, middle-aged, xenophobes frightened of leaving their comfort zone.

Were you describing the Hash or forums like this one?

no

i think he his describing himself