Northern Soul

MrPlumbs

Good Old days I use to work at Markham Colliery. Soon as we finished Fri would get together with a few Friends and head of somewhere, to Soul venue, Abby dale Road in Sheffield, Assembly rooms Derby, Fleet Club in Peterborough Matlock Bath All day, er , Wigan (Mr M,s), Scarborough, we-enders , Torch Stoke, Wow brings back some very good memories good times good people, Did not need Beer in them days “””and never had to worry about getting putting on weight either?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Old days I use to work at Markham Colliery. Soon as we finished Fri would get together with a few Friends and head of somewhere, to Soul venue, Abby dale Road in Sheffield, Assembly rooms Derby, Fleet Club in Peterborough Matlock Bath All day, er , Wigan (Mr M,s), Scarborough, we-enders , Torch Stoke, Wow brings back some very good memories good times good people, Did not need Beer in them days “””and never had to worry about getting putting on weight either?

wow, small world! i used to work at Arkwright and trained at Markham.....

Yes a very small world, loved them days “never saw much drama at any soul venue I attended, I cannot remember if they used to have door men at many clubs (but must have).

Northern had a big following in Derbyshire at that time; you would see people at other venues throughout the country and pick up right where you left of last time.

It is great that Mr Plumes and his crew have got something like this of the ground; I will defiantly be popping in when I get home at the end of the month.

There seams to be a good response to the thread, so hope the events get well attended, I for one will gladly spend 400Bht (with a charity being involved also) just for the music to remind me that I was 19 at some time.

Se u soon

I had a few shandys and a boggie in Assembly rooms Derby, few times, then it moved to the Pennine hotel Derby.

Edited by marstons

Really good night,couple of drinks and it all comes flooding back,danced like an 18 year old,instead of 80 plus one?.

I heard there were about 150 people there.

How fast did the free beer run out?

...about 2 minutes after I arrived.

Venue is OK, but car parking is a nightmare. Used to be able to put yor car in Nirun, but Nirun is one big car park now

And the roads full of stalls does not help. Small car park at the Shagwell itself too. But isn't it like that in most of Pattaya?

3 cars outside my place last night but not a problem as I use the m/c taxis to go pubbing.

Next time it would be better to bring a m/c or take a m/c taxi especially as this is expected to be a Bi-monthly event.

Venue is OK, but car parking is a nightmare. Used to be able to put yor car in Nirun, but Nirun is one big car park now

And the roads full of stalls does not help. Small car park at the Shagwell itself too. But isn't it like that in most of Pattaya?

3 cars outside my place last night but not a problem as I use the m/c taxis to go pubbing.

Next time it would be better to bring a m/c or take a m/c taxi especially as this is expected to be a Bi-monthly event.

Will you please publish the date of the next one I was out of the Country and missed it this time. Thanks.